Trump / FBI / Russians

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by backside hack, May 12, 2017.

1. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    lol you and I are in search of the same holy grail DP

2. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    [​IMG]

Ready to take that bet yet, Lance?

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Hey we could start a new company, a bi-partisan or Independent search engine. Problem is anytime humans are involved it’s bound to get F’d up in the end.

Kyle likes this.
  4. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    The first link returned from google is to the cato institute which has a moderate right wing bias. I mean you can see the sites on the search results, and then apply your own filter on whether the site can reasonably be trusted.

If it makes you feel better, there's even a search engine for conservatives -> https://www.4conservative.com/search/?q=are+trade+deficits+bad&st=w&scat=conservative_politics&bcat=

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

The policy is not for me to put in place. But if the nations WANT a NATO, then they should pay for it. NATO is for Europes safety, not ours. Russia is a European nation, as it is west of The Urals. One of their very own is destroying them, and they did nothing. Russia also shot down a Malaysian airline. Nothing done in retaliation there either. If one accepts that behavior, IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. Russia is the new NAZI country.
    Nuke them now, or allow it to get worse?? Who knows?? But Putin is as psychopathic as Hitler was- maybe the answer lies in that fact.
    BTW, I don't believe Crimea was happy about the annexing--it is a point of contention amongst history scholars.

6. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    As Trump advocates for Russia to have more of a voice in the world...

"Look at Putin -- what he's doing with Russia -- I mean, you know, what's going on over there. I mean this guy has done -- whether you like him or don't like him -- he's doing a great job in rebuilding the image of Russia and also rebuilding Russia period."

"I think I'd get along very well with Vladimir Putin. I just think so."

-Donald Trump

7. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Sure buddy, I'm a Trumpster lol.

But don't let facts get in the way of your biases.

8. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Quoting a statement you made and making a satirical joke about is not me labeling you a Trumpster. Calm down buddy, I don't paint with that broad of a brush.

9. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Jeez dude give me a break. For every article you search for that confirms your bias, I could find that counters the argument. Why do you insist on believing everything you read, as opposed to looking at the situation with your own eyes?

You never really responded, so I'll ask again: If trade deficits are "not a bad thing", then why are our trade partners fighting so hard against leveling the playing field?

Seems to me that the Dubya administration (which was horrible) said "deficits aren't a bad thing" after blowing Clinton's surplus (whom I liked).

So what were you pissing and moaning about then? The surplus, or the deficit? Don't answer that, we already know lol.

Look *that* up and join the conversation, moron.

10. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Deficit = bad

Surplus = Good

derp

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  12. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Your satire sucks, "buddy". You quote me, expect me to respond.

13. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    And when you reply directly to me, expect a response...you want to do this all night?

This is fun sport for me P, don't take it too seriously.

14. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

15. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I will put 20.00 on my man Sir_Ballyhoo
    [​IMG]

16. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    lol aight

17. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
  18. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Keep your cash Lance, you know that's too small potatoes for SI.

Just to be clear, never said Trump won't win a second term. The bet is he will not beat Obama's 365 electoral votes in 2008. I could see Trump getting a second term, just not in a landslide.

19. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    FWIW, I fully expect some sort of recession under Trump.

We haven't had a real recession since Dubya and the way the markets have been moving dictates the inevitable decline.

Both sides of the aisle have had recessions during their watch. It is disingenuous to fault predecessors for something that happened during your watch.

So if and when we enter the next downturn, it will be Trump's responsibility...not Obama's.

20. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I agree kiddie, recession is inevitable. Cycles...productivity growth/expansion is not a constant, regardless of political party (although some legislation/fed movements/geo politics can change trajectory and/or timing of said expansion).

Also, remember that demand/economic expansion is in the same conversation with increasing trade deficit (wealth effect).

I'm surprised we have not had a recession yet. I actually believe the corporate tax reduction (regardless of your leaning), has been "A" material driver of continued expansion. Corporate earnings have been solid too (top and bottom line growth).

I could see our trade deficit growing even as Trump tinkers around the edges (unless he totally shits the bed with total protectionism which won't happen IMO).

Overall trade balances relative to expansion or recession should not preclude us as a country to tighten up some unfair deals.

How they are negotiated (with or without grace) is yet to be seen.

sisurfdogg and La_Piedra like this.