Vacationing in Jersey

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by KillaKiel, Jul 17, 2013.

1. KillaKiel

KillaKiel Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    What are some good questions I should ask myself?

Sounds like a good idea. Should I beware of sewer alligators and filthy astronauts? I hear the dentistry at the local breaks is phenomenal! I have wisdom teeth. Could that be taken care of? Will the water make me sick? I'm used to the pristine waterway know as the Chesapeake Bay. Will my needs be accomodated, especially when I tell them how much better it is where I come from? Maybe I will play that Country song. I hear your women have a soft spot for boys from the South. Point me in the right direction. Do I need to wear Timberlands when I surf?

2. AtanticO

AtanticO Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    im expecting PJB to come through on this one...

3. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    the first question should be, "WHY?"

4. Losttsol

Losttsol Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    If a "Superstorm" is coming, get the hell out of there quick. If it's just your average Perfect Storm, you'll get some nice 23 footers.

5. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    OK my turn...Where in Jersey are you staying? (makes a big difference)

Is the water in the Chesapeake that much different then the water off the Jersey coast? (If anything Jersey water is cleaner because it is closer to the cleanest water in the world - the Labrador Current.)

Boys from the south? (How south do you think you really are - the Chesapeake is a stones throw away from where I stand.)

Timberlands? Are you arriving by time machine? I havent seen Timbys in the lineup since 1998.

And oh yeah...enjoy your stay you filthy red neck!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  6. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    BYOB all nude strip joints in AC.

7. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Why?

Because contrary to the friggin stereotypes Jersey is one of the best coastal locations on the eastside. Yeah, the Banks are more spiritual and New England is more scenic, but Jersey has a bit of EVERYTHING. Especially for you family types. The MOST variety of waves, plenty of family fun options(hey kids love the Wildwood boardwalk), good friggin food, and it's smack in the middle of two cultural, historical hubs(Philly and NYC).

Yeah, yeah we have these silly debates aboot Jersey vs Florida and stuff, but EVERY eastside writer for national surf mags has at one time proclaimed Jersey's superiority.

Florida is weak, and closes-out more than Jersey. South Carolina and SNC are irrelevant. The Outer Banks can outshine Jersey in consistency and sheer bub power some years, then again some years it doesn't. Virginia sucks. Maryland and Delaware are forgotten hamlets best left to local inhabitants. New York's gay(as in happy). Rhode Island is all aboot Peter Pan riding slugs on mushy 3 foot point breaks. Cape Cod is stuffy and has sharks. New Hampshire kicks arse but it's got, like, a 13 mile coastline and too many people these days. Maine is off limits.

Oh, if y'all want a quaint romatic weekend with your boyfriends, go to Ogunquit, Maine.

HAHA you sons b!tches.

Jersey's water is ten times better than most of Southern California, and that whole 1980's medical waste thang is over. You can find packed guido beaches or quiet off-the-radar spots(Yo, for $5.00 I'll let you in on the secrets, though my extensive knowledge only runs from Pt. Pleasant - Cape May).

We got ghettos-by-the-sea, like Atlantic City, where all your wild fantasies can come true(Look up Marley around Oriental Ave or Cash on the 800 Block of Maryland Ave for supplies).

We got family friendly places like Ocean City. We have PA college kid havens like Sea Isle City. Hey slip away from the wife and see if you can pick-up a drunk Villanova student. Cape May is all victorian and quaint as sh!t, and they have all sorts of ghosts there. Go to the Crab Trap(Somers Point) at the base of the bridge heading into Ocean City......best friggin crab cakes and other seafood specialities. These crackers do it right.

Man, everywhere else is just lagging, man. No where else can compare. You're all jealous. That's why y'all lash out at us Jersey people so much. Pure jealousy. We are so interesting, and nobody else is. C'mon admit it, ALL Y'ALL watched the Jersey Shore religiously. You couldn't help yourselves.

And where is Ian Zehring, or whatever his name is from(THE STAR OF SHARKNADO)? That's right, WEST ORANGE, NJ. Ouch, that one hurt didn't it !? You punk suckers. Some of them try an rhyme but they can't rhyme like me. Some of them try and rhyme but they can't rhyme like me. Cause I'm the Miggidy Miggidy Miggidy Mac Daddy Believe that..................

8. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    You're so ****ing gay (as in happy)

9. KillaKiel

Feb 21, 2012

Didn't you read the responses? Why not?

10. KillaKiel

Feb 21, 2012
    Do they come aound AC?

11. KillaKiel

Feb 21, 2012

The New part

You tell me

South of Jersey

A time would be dope. Can I find any in Jersey?

From what most say about the water, its likely I will be a filthy redneck

12. KillaKiel

Feb 21, 2012
    Looks like another visit to the family in AC!

13. KillaKiel

Feb 21, 2012

I better not get busy at work again...

I have to admit I have had fun in Jersey. Nothing like walking the streets of Newark with a bunch of gear for Japan and having the locals stare at you in disbelief. Yeah, I'm trying to diversify...your welcome.

Gotta admit, South Jersey is good with me. Why did you guys turn north Jersey into North Jersey? I've had fun, but it was a short stay...

OK I'm busy back to work. PJB inspire me some more

14. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    I'm sorry, but you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a schitt. the more touron that go to, and Joisey who stay in Jerksy, the better for me.

15. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    DING DING DING.........We have a winner !!

AHH the first angry respondant displaying their regional pride.............

I love it.

Awww shucks, Lauren, don't take everything so serious. I have spewed much praise on your area in the past few months. Spewed it all over you guys. Jeez, as a group, I classified you guys as the class of Swellinfo.com. Of course in the real world, y'all can't compare to Jersey, but who can? Who can?

Ok, just invision James Taylor singing..... "Going to Carolina ............" Ok, you're good now, right? Great.

16. KillaKiel

Feb 21, 2012

I better not get busy at work again...

I have to admit I have had fun in Jersey. Nothing like walking the streets of Newark with a bunch of gear for Japan and having the locals stare at you in disbelief. Yeah, I'm trying to diversify...your welcome.

Gotta admit, South Jersey is good with me. Why did you guys turn north Jersey into North Jersey? I've had fun, but it was a short stay...

OK I'm busy back to work. PJB inspire me some more

My experiences, its fun to visit, but I wouldn't live there. Jersey has a bit of everything? In a lot of ways you guys do. Most of the original 13 colonies do as well (i.e. snowboard/ski and surf all in the same day in the same state to make one example).

I have heard of the 23 footers.

Doesn't the whole seaboard have closing out issues? I hear that OBX has mutant sandbars. Virginia is for lovers and mother effers, but the same can be said of Jersey.

Everyone in Jersey proclaims its superiority. My family up there is likely writing a book. Check your local bookstore.

How about a quaint romantic getaway with a Hindu? I am interested. They love the Poconos too

Takes one to know one. The pleasure is all mine sir

Those places do get dirty. We be pumping inlet water in our jetty. Does the runoff make a heavier wave? Cape May? Its quite nice there. I've seen Jersey folks with chickens in their front yards round there. Boy I do sure I do I feel right at home.

Ghettos by the sea? Has Bruce Springsteen devised a song for that? We will be sending you guys another sax player soon.

Girls with questionable morals? Sounds like a lot of VB gals to me. Are we talking about the same place? Ever venture to Cape Charles?

Man this whole place is way too analog. That show led me to cancelling my Fios. There are levels of survival we are willing to accept!

Busy...

17. AtanticO

AtanticO Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    good stuff. you need to write for a surf mag. if the surf mags target audience weren't such idol-worshiping, 'lifestyle' kooks like waterbaby, you'd be editor by popular vote.

gotta love jersey. easily best thing going on the east coast, imo

18. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011

There's a 95% chance the Blue Crabs used in their crab cakes came from North Carolina.

Speaking of which, I've got some softies frozen that will be turned into sandwiches this evening.

19. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012

20. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Vacationing? In a state established in the mold of Tasmania as a prison for the culturally inept?
    Nah brah, no wayz!