Vernor Mini Simmons 6'2

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by be.at.soon, Sep 16, 2015.

1. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Epoxy. Quad fin. Super fast. Bought it in May for $800. Selling for $500. Delmarva.

Attached Files:

2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Why are you selling it?

3. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Shoot, why does everyone buy these boards so big?

4. be.ach.soon

Aug 30, 2015
    Love the board but it is too big. I have my eye on a 5'6.

5. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    If i was 6'4, 275 pounds, i'd buy it. unfortunately i'm done growin'

6. Big Wet Monster

Big Wet Monster Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    yup. This thing is sweet looking.

7. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I you were a beginner and saw that red beauty in a surf shop, wouldn't you want it? Most of us have been in a similar position: have a wad of cash on hand, see a board we get obsessed with...then end up with something too big.

The bad news is that board is going to need a very large/heavy rider...and they are in the minority. It could take several months to sell it...and that's using all the available sales venues, not just SI classifieds. (If those are premium fins, you bought separately, don't include them in the sale)

The good news is, based on my selling exp, that board will sell...might take till next summer, but someone will buy it. You're already "out of season" at the is point - June is the best month to sell a surfboard.

...with that rationalization, you can go ahead and get on that 5'6, right now (if you have the cash)

8. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    I'd be trying to sell that to someone fairly new to surfing looking for a step down from a log/funshape. Look for one of those dudes. Vernor's are top notch in my book. The few at Chaunceys surf shop are absolutely gorgeous. Good luck holmes!

9. be.ach.soon

Aug 30, 2015
    I appreciate the advice.

10. be.ach.soon

Aug 30, 2015
    I think I have a buyer. Friend of my daughter that is new to surfing. She is super stoked. Been saving up her money for her first board. I'm gonna let it go for 400. Thanks all!

11. daeggman

daeggman Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    i would of bought this I'm one of those fat surfers people talk about

12. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    You all must assume everyone are rippers...Would be a good buy for a semi beginner, regardless of their lack of weight.

Vernor's are top notch and known for their mini's. I have owned 5 vernors now, never the mini...Great boards!