As SI is the internet's premier source for medical advice, we often forget that its also the internet's best source for veterinary expertise. (I think they even do some surf forecasting here...) So my new puppy, Willow, had surgery today. She had a pretty gnarly blockage. She is 7 months old Bernese Mountain Dog, and lost a ton of weight from puking hardcore for a day and then not eating these past few days. We thought at first she passed most of the toy (rope toy), as was evidenced by rope-turds. We gave her mineral oil to see if she would pass what, if anything, was left of it but she didn't. Not eating, not pooping, still drinking. I was skeptical to bring her in for not eating because when I first got her she nearly starved herself to death and had to go to the vet for tests/fluids/x-rays/etc, and wouldn't eat dry food, wet food, rice, chicken, people food, taco bell, anything. It turned out she was just such a picky eater that she had to have the very specific exact puppy food she had before we got her, same size kibble, same specific content (not just brand), etc. And then, two days later, she started eating anything. So I wondered, optimistically, if she had pooped out the rope and maybe she was being picky again after that bout. But yesterday when she was looking viva-la-Auschwitz we figured it was time to get her to the vet again. So they said the rope popped through her intestines in two spots, and they had to remove parts of her stomach and stitch them back together. They said she has a "good chance" of recovering. I seek the wisdome of the forume. Has anyone experienced this, and what type of recovery are we looking at? Details are welcome.