Walden Magic or Mega Magic?

Discussion in 'Surfboards and Surfboard Design' started by kiaora, Aug 6, 2014.

1. kiaora

kiaora Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Does anyone have any experience with these boards in the 9' range?

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    One of the top selling LB's, very common, lots of people ride em, I personally don't have one but see them everywhere. Great board from what I hear. Nothing special, but gets the job done.

3. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    i have a 10-0 walden long board

i like it, couldn't say about the magic models

[​IMG]

4. RhodyPedro

RhodyPedro Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I rented a 9' magic model in CR and loved it. Rode it in everything from knee high to over head. Catches anything and still turns well. Don't think you can go wrong with one.

5. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I used to have an epoxy 9' magic model. It was too small for me, but I caught a ton of waves and it did turn fairly well. I think I'd rather get an takayama in the pink...more expensive but seems much better.

6. sharknado

sharknado Active Member

Jul 16, 2013
    I've had a 9'2" poly magic for 10yrs. It works. It makes steep drops on big waves, it turns like a champ and lets you nose ride. Few things in life work as well as a Walden Magic. What sold me 10yrs ago was a forum post that said 'you're really not as good a surfer as you are when you're on a Walden'. Works for me.

that said....alot of people have em, so they're not that cool and long board purists surf anything but......

Someday I'll replace it with something else..but I doubt I'll find a more efficient board.