(((((Warning)))))) I caught a juvenile Great White Shark yesterday and Released it

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by RadderBrad, Jun 8, 2018.

1. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    One of the biggest sharks I ever caught was just a few hundred yards from a beach full of people. A very big and very lost blue shark. I was on my 23 Mako and the head of the shark was up to the console and its tail past the transom when I brought it boatside and snapped it off. Was also fishing in a group of boats 1/4 mile off of Ocean City years ago and a dead weakfish another boat had thrown back drifted past and when it was about 20 feet past my boat a very big tiger shark came up and ate it like a piece of candy. The head on this shark was nearly 2 feet across.

This nice blue was caught a little farther from shore. In the picture it doesn't look like a very big blue until you consider the size of its pec fin.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    nopantsLance and Zeroevol like this.
  2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    BWHAHAHAHAHA, I've seen those horse/zebras down there!

3. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Did you get to touch it?

4. RDB

RDB Active Member

Dec 17, 2016
    Yes I did but we never removed the fish from the water. The main focus was to get the hook out and released ASAP. Being I surf a lot and have all the respect in the world for an Alpha predator like the Great White we wanted it as unharmed as possible. #Nobadjuju

5. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
  6. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Very cool!!!!!! Even though it was a juvenile, not many people can say they have actually touched a great white!

RDB likes this.