WARP Drive BLEF foil fins ready to go

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Roy Stuart, Dec 13, 2013.

1. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    You do know that a meme is when a organism takes on the properties of it's surroundings to fit in or when an idea/practice spreads through a culture or group. Me posting a pic saying later b!tch does not qualify and you really should not get your scientific definitions from South Park. If me being a hater then causes others on SI to be haters that is a meme. Unless that picture is used universally all over the net/world then it is not a meme. Now since you used the Nancy Boy moniker I first called you this is the start of a meme and if others use it then we can use memetics to track the progression and lifecycle of the meme.

Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.

2. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007

So not a meme like this one?
    image.jpg

3. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Not really since most of those are photobucket type sites where people simply have the image in their library or a few sites where it was used as an insult. To really be a meme the saying/object/picture/Etc should be universally recognized all over and have many variations. The most famous graffiti/picture type meme is the Killroy was here one from the 40's. It was used all over the world and altered in each local but most likely first used by US servicemen in WWII. The later b!tch pic is not often used in forums or painted on walls. Typical memes would include the spread of common ideas or practices such as the presence of arches built all over the world, giving some one the middle finger to mean fu(k you, acting retarded like Warren when you say, have you seen my baseball and other widely recognized symbols or gestures. Memes can also be closely linked to gossip as they tend to spread in the same way. Don't get me wrong some modern images have become so prolific and know they do border on meme status such as Snooki or Pauly D representing Jersey Shore Guidos but a little boy walking away from a crying little girl is not one of them. The other thing memes do is evolve just like Killroy did. Like I said the South Park episode on memes really messed up peoples understanding of meme theory and what it truly is. Maybe if you got your knowledge from something other than Comedy Central you would understand.

On another note I see you still got that monkey on your back and just can't break the SI addiction can ya? Maybe you can find a 12 step program to help out.

Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  4. Roy Stuart

Roy Stuart Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Laser sintered titanium Warp Drive-BLEF-T9-RAE102 fins coming up...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  5. Cuck Taylor

Cuck Taylor Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Hollow titanium, looks killer. Surely the strength is overkill right ? Roy can you post videos of those being made. I'm curious to see how it starts in the 3d printer, if not thats fine I can only imagine the value of this trade secret.

6. Cuck Taylor

Jul 6, 2013
    Repost this trash somewhere else troll

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  7. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    Hi Charles yes we'll have some video.

The strength is overkill, but so is fibreglass.

8. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    The glass ones were killer. These look deadly. TSA would never let you on a plane with that.

9. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    They are not sharp, take a look at a RAE102 foil section and ask yourself if it could cut anything using the leading edge.

I don't associate with TSA freaks anyway....

10. chicharronne

Jun 22, 2006
    If I'm feeling low, a nice TSA groping makes me feel special.

11. Cuck Taylor

Jul 6, 2013
    image.jpg

Ditching the shop right now to go surf. And check this out ... Has anyone tried this ? Yeah ok goin to put it on my car now.

12. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    Here's a Nubster/Trailer for Futures box

[​IMG]

13. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    From shaper Paul Cannon of Napier NZ posted on FB:

"so mylo my mate i posted those photos of recently.. finally stuck the warp drive fin on his board in the last two day . surfing the rivermouth.. like i really tried hard to get him to try it. but hes a skeptic so it sat in a draw for 3 months. anyway i was hassling and he finally chucked it on . i saw him to day and he was RAVING about it. this is a surfer of 40 years and tried a lot of stuff. Roy told me that the fin he made for me was a bit too small for a mal . but we did it anyway ..so he was tripping on it basically. saying the differences and improvement wasnt subtle. it was obvious . he as asked me to get him a longer version and i am gunna set one of my boards up . comments like having a "turbo". like driving on dirt and then changing to new ashpalt. and it " blew me away ".. So Thanks ROy cant wait to try some other **** from you brother.."

14. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    Ride report from John in Australia:

"Dear Roy,

It is with joy and gratitude that I write to tell you about how well the Warp Drive quad fin setup performed yesterday afternoon, riding 4-6 foot reef break walls.

The board really flew; there was a complete absence of turbulence sensed beneath my feet; and yet the hold was perfect. Turning also occurred on a shorter radius.

What remarkable fins!"

15. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    uh....yeah.....ok....sure thing, gnome

RANDY RARICK

16. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    Ride report from John in Australia:

"Dear Roy,

It is with joy and gratitude that I write to tell you about how well the Warp Drive quad fin setup performed yesterday afternoon, riding 4-6 foot reef break walls.

The board really flew; there was a complete absence of turbulence sensed beneath my feet; and yet the hold was perfect. Turning also occurred on a shorter radius.

What remarkable fins!"

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    How much do you pay yourself to write your own reviews, gnome?

18. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    When I bust out my paipo occasionally, my nards work perfectly as a rudder.

"What remarkable fins!"

Seriously, I don't know which side of that fin is the leading edge?

19. Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2015
    BLEF = Bangs Little Ewes Friday or Butt Licking Egotistical Freak

20. chicharronne

Jun 22, 2006
    the serrated part face forward. I want 2! Let some schmoo sit in front of me when and if a swell ever comes. They'll really be my CHUM! get it?