Wetsuit Jackets

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by salzsurf, Jul 3, 2014.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Different strokes for different folks mang. Who cares if dude wants a wetsuit jacket/top/whatevs.

2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I'm saying dudes make it way more complicated than it is. The ones I listed cover it all. Sub a 4/3 for 3/2 if that's what you got. Don't even need as many as I listed either.

3. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Depends on where you live. I love my wetsuit jacket. We get a few weeks here in SC in early November when they are crucial.

The water is still warm-ish but the air temp combined with the wind makes you want something more than a rash guard. As others have said, sometimes those late fall dawn patrols really require something, just not a full suit.

Other than the jacket, a 3/2 (w/ boots etc.) is about all you'll need around here. I can see for those of you up north that this intermediate step doesn't make as much sense. Gets cold too quickly.

Mine has a small zipper on the side and fits very snug. Very little if any water makes it through. Warm core equals good times.

Slide on.

4. ioman2

ioman2 Active Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I have a modern beaver tail from "vintage soul". It doesn't have the metal grommets old beaver tails have. It's good for longboarding. I used to wear it until hipsters made it cool and then I stopped.

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    So hipsters wear beaver tails? Hey Zeus Christmas. Hipsters stay outta New England.

6. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013
    Bros.

THERE'S A CANE SWELL TO EITHER BE SHELTERED IN SHACKS OR TO PREPARE FOR DEPENDING ON YOUR LONGITUDINAL COORDINATES.

STOP quarreling/posting bout wettys and seize the carpe in front of you. Not to mention wahines in heat like a three-peckered barn mouse. C'mon, pay attention.

7. AndrewIfallalot

AndrewIfallalot Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I wear these all the time. Perfect for foggy CA mornings and to protect from cool wind when he water is warm

8. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I have two wetsuit tops.One is a 2 mill and the other a 1.5 mill. Perfect for spring and fall when you want to wear board shorts.I also picked up a hyperflex wetsuit jacket but that's for winter sessions wear you can just throw it over your suit.

9. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Buying a wetsuit top isn't any more complicated than buying anything else. asking about a wetsuit top is pretty simple, as is not hitting the reply button if the topic doesn't interest you.

to the OP -
    they are great for the fall when the water is still warm, but a cool breeze is blowing, or really any time in the summer the air is chilly, like DPs

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  10. EmassSpicoli

Apr 16, 2013