wetsuit question

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by nybodyboarder, Dec 22, 2009.

1. nybodyboarder

nybodyboarder Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Hey guys this is my first winter out, will i be good for a Christmas session with a 4/3 3mm hood and 3mm boots?

2. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Your good to go New York.Dont forget your gloves.

3. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    with 3mm boots your feet wont last long . Get a set of 7mil boots and 5 mil glove , you'll good to go

4. nybodyboarder

nybodyboarder Member

Oct 12, 2009
    i dont have gloves and those are my only boots, i just want to fit in one more session before my season is over and i havent been out in a few weeks so as long as i get an hour in the water im ok.

5. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I miss understood you I thought you were gonna brave the whole winter in 3mil boots. You do it depends how tolerant of cold are you . For a little extra warmth you can get some of them thremo socks . I seen a few guys using them with 5mil boots. I heard they work pretty well.

You will need gloves borrow a set if you can if not good pair of gloves or mits are 40 dollars average

6. nybodyboarder

nybodyboarder Member

Oct 12, 2009
    ok thanks, unless i get a pair for xmas i doubt im gettin a new pair, so ill just have to tough it out

7. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Dude,I cant see you paddling out now without gloves but if you can more power to ya.Water temp is about 49.

8. DJFresh

DJFresh Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Your hands will be cold and numb, but for a 1 hr sess they should hold up.

9. nybodyboarder

nybodyboarder Member

Oct 12, 2009
    my parents just got me a nice new pair of gloves so im good to go...and as far as your face puttin vaseline all over it works pretty well right?