What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by all4blues, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

2. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

The Easybeats created quite a stir in the swingin’ 60’s London music scene. The hit "Friday On My Mind" briefly elevated them to international acclaim before drugs and booze took their toll.

Although ultimately underappreciated, Vanda and Young were tunesmiths of note. They would certainly go on to further successes with AC/DC and Flash and the Pan but here they take a romp through their psych-pop masterpiece “Gonna Have A Good Time Tonight”. This clip will take you back to that simpler time as it is presented to you in glorious Black and White by our friends at the Beat Club. Sehr gut!

You’ve probably encountered this gem somewhere along the line as this tune has been covered by artists as disparate as the Clinger Sisters, Shocking Blue, INXS and .38 Special. The song is so tight, all versions are worthy.

Legend has it that upon first hearing this on the radio; Sir Paul McCartney himself pulled over in traffic to call and demand that the BBC “Play it again!!”

3. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

LONDON — Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of Irish band The Cranberries, died suddenly on Monday. She was 46.

4. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

It's an anomaly, this land inside of me, though my mind's all tied up it's breathing through
    Dichotomy may be majority, but my world's not black&white;, it's green&blue;

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018 at 3:01 PM