What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by all4blues, Aug 22, 2014.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I saw an interview one time where Mascis said he was originally a drummer, and when he picked up the guitar he wanted to play it like the drums.... like a percussion instrument. I think he found what he was looking for.

Manik likes this.
  2. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009

3. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I'm going to shamelessly promote my cousins band one more time. They just played at Eric Wilsons B day party at his house a few weeks back (Sublimes bass player. His side project Spray Allen also played. You can check them out on Sound cloud. Different than Sublime, but I thought it was pretty good.). I almost flew out for that one, he brought half my fam, including the Sasquash Rosin Press crew. Lots of cool guests, including Bam Margera.
    They are finishing up a new cd in the studio. I love it cause my cuz is older than me, and is not about to stop anytime soon. It keeps him young.
    Quick shoutout to his guitarist Jimmy's other band, Bag Of Humans, from Baltimore. I dig them too.

headhigh, sisurfdogg and Carson like this.
  4. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Fuggg yea. Outerspace themed metal is f***ing dope.

Manik likes this.
  5. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Chicago had a crazy music scene growing up. Not like the west coast, or dc, or nyc. House music was huge in the early to late 80's, you couldn't get away from it. It blended with all the punk, hardcore, and metal to form Industrial. So many crazy clubs, Medusas, The Shelter, Smart Bar, The Crow Bar, Lounge Ax, it was fun. Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Big Black, I can go on, and these guys, so fun live.

LBCrew likes this.
  6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Yea man... Big Black, Jesus and Mary Chain, Ministry, Revolting Cocks, NIN... wow. Memories....

Manik likes this.
  7. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    My wife has been dog sitting lately hence the song

Manik likes this.
  8. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015

There is a great show coming up in September in Chicago, the Riot fest. These guys plus Mike Pattons little side project, Faith No More, the Circle Jerks, The Pixies, Devo, the original Misfits lineup(at least Danzig, Jerry Only, and Doyle, original enough, doing the walk Among Us album), and many more..
    Going to plug Spray Allen really quick, they have a show in Poway at the elks lodge really soon (sublimes also playing the Riot fest), A lot of my fam will be there, my cuz is doing guest vocals on a song. Great to see shows coming back.

9. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
  10. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015

"THEY SAY YOU LEARN A LOT OUT THERE
    HOW TO SCORCH AND BURN
    GONNA HAVE TO BURY YOUR FRIENDS
    AND THEN YOU FIND IT GETS WORSE
    STANDING ON THE LEDGE
    WITH NO WAY TO GET DOWN
    START PRAYING FOR WINGS TO GROW
    OH BABY, JUST LET GO'

CYCOlogist likes this.
  11. CYCOlogist

CYCOlogist Active Member

Dec 7, 2019
  12. CYCOlogist

CYCOlogist Active Member

Dec 7, 2019
  13. CYCOlogist

CYCOlogist Active Member

Dec 7, 2019
  14. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
  15. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015

My 2 new favorite mellow summer tunes

16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Hey Manik... I've been digging the limited amount of music Horse Girl is putting out... also from Chicago. And they're only, like... 18 years old. Do a quick YouTube search and a few songs will pop up. But they should be coming out with a record soon.

17. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yes they did and The Effigies were my favorite band. The just SOUND like Chicago. Big, thick and heavy.

18. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I'll definitely check it out LB!

19. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I missed out on the Effigies somehow as a kid, Naked Raygun were sort of the go to punk rock band, not as heavy as the Eff's, more pop punk. We had a local band called Johnny Vomit that were great, Tyrants Reign were another fun band(more metal), and Dead Steel Mill, all local south siders.

20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Hey ho... let's go.

Manik, headhigh and antoine like this.