What do you do with...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by oipaul, Aug 21, 2018.

1. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    the board the just won't go? I have a 6'4" custom that everything about it looks like it should work. I've taken it on trips, surfed my locals in all kinds of conditions and just meh. Tried different fins, 3, 4 even desperately 2 one day. I think bottom line it has too much volume for me and maybe too much foam in the rail line cause it just feels...boggy. Sell it and take the $ hit? keep going back to the dry well? shoots.

2. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Try to put in on CL and see if anyone wants to trade a similar board.
    I had a 5'9 I traded for a 5'6, Same model. Unfortunately, the model just wasn't for me! Surfers are generally cash pour (foam rich) and MORONS. Good luck!

heaps of Meh and MrBigglesworth like this.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Sell it or trade it. Sounds like you gave it a chance before coming to this conclusion.

heaps of Meh and LBCrew like this.
  4. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Sounds like you tried to figure it out and it’s just not working for you. Pass it on.

I’ll add that... generally... bogginess has more to do with too little volume in the rail as opposed to too much. Other causes can be rail shape (profile) or rocker... rail rocker in particular.

Before you sell it, analyze it. Compare it to a board that does what this board fails to do really well. If your a total board geek, wrap a piece or solder around the rail of both boards at predetermined points and trace it out on graph paper. Compare.

5. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    head to the nearest resort beach where models hang out...carry it on the beach and lay it down by where your tanning..models will think your a good surfer and you may get lucky

6. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Dump that thing! I was so excited to get a Neckbeard, as soon as I took it out, I knew right away it was outta there. In all fairness, I did try it again and it just didn't work for me. I sold it to a buddy of mine so I have tried it again just to see... nope.

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    O Paul!

Sell it!

Post it on CL- you never know there might be someone looking for that board!

If it's not working, it will end up just taking up room in your basement. Sell or trade. Then buy another board lol

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  8. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Getting back into teacher mode I see. lol

9. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Are you on Oahu?

10. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Craigslist or keep it? Is this a real question?

Actually, wait....just give it me. I'll be a pal.

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Teacher...

Preacher...

Same diff....

MrBigglesworth and ChavezyChavez like this.
  12. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    big island. put it up on craigslist no bites yet hurricane is $ blocking me!

13. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I was thinking I would check it this winter if Oahu. One of best friends lives south kona, may be over there between 12-24/12-28

14. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  15. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    It's yours of you want to spring for shipping/packing.
    from compare surfboards.com:
    "You can see that the V3 Rocket has a little bit of rocker but not too much. It has a little bit of nose rocker and a touch of tail rocker. But true to the Rocket design, it doesn’t have a great deal of rocker through the center of the board. The rails are nice, medium rails; not too thick but not too thin. And the bottom contour is similar to the Rockets you see in the past; a single concave that runs through to a double concave out the back"