What is this board really worth?

Discussion in 'Surfboards and Surfboard Design' started by highvelocity, Oct 25, 2014.

1. highvelocity

highvelocity Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2012
  2. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    You should totally go for it, and that laird hamilton fin will make you the envy of the lineup...

3. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Maybe $100 at best.

4. highvelocity

Oct 29, 2012
    Really a 100? This looks a lot like the new FireWire shape that sells for 800

5. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Looks like a homemade shape to be honest...used poly board for $450...you can get a custom for almost that price...I'd pass

6. highvelocity

Oct 29, 2012
    I like this shape and it close by swap the paddle board fin out and this thing should be a lot of fun.

7. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I personally don't like the shape. Actually, it's more the fin setup combined with the plan shape that I don't like. That wide tail looks suited to twins or quads to me, not a single with single plug side bites.

If I look past the fact that I don't like it, I still wouldn't pay $450 for it. It's a used no name poly. Has a finite life, some of which has already been used up. I think realistically it should be listed for $300, and he should expect to get $250. My honest opinion.

Comparing this to a FireWire is apples to oranges.

8. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    if you really want the board, offer the owner cash on a thursday of friday evening. That way they have some money in their pocket going into the weekend. I wouldn't pay more than $300, and I think that's a fair offer for a used board in what appears to be fair condition (maybe $350 if I really wanted it). If you don't care if you get it or not, you can always low-ball the s#it out of him for $200 and see what he says (probably no).

9. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    funny, he compares it to a firewire, when it looks like a homemade garage job in standard poly...what an as$. Isn't worth over $200, really. The fin setup is retarded (gonna need to buy a new set) and dude selling is a slob...offer $100 just for not cleaning the board.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  10. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    that thing is garbage - wanna buy a bridge

11. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Looks like a Bing Sweet Pea but it's not....go find a Bing Sweet Pea if you want a Bing Sweet Pea

12. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Surfboards are not worth what the sellers wants, it's only worth what a buyer feels like its worth. I feel like that board is worth 50 to 100 bucks.

13. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Thinking the same thing. I was looking at them today. Dude get yourself a bing, or better yet if you're in nyc and that's your budget check out SALT surf. They appear to be a machined Brooklyn based hipster board co but they come in at a decent price. Same price as that piece of muff cabbage you're thinking about using rent money on anyway.

14. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    IF I saw that board on a used rack for $100 I wouldn't buy it. If I want to be out $100 and disappointed I'll get a hooker off backpage.

If I saw it for $50 I would buy it, because I'll give any piece of sheeeoott a try for $50, be it hooker or surfboard.

15. 3rdperson

3rdperson Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2014
    you won't know what it's worth until after you buy it, and ride it.

16. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    If you've got $450 to burn on that, I'm guessing you live in the Hamptons.

Nothing looks particularly appealing about that shape to me, but I know very little about shape and function. If you really want it, why not save up an extra buck fitty and see what Jim Saunders or Mike Becker can make you?

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    OP, you need to be thanking the original heads on here for setting you straight.

Especially, bow down in supplication before Gaff: the man spent time posting that seriously good response to your blithering board expedition & expended hard-earned knowledge to save your newbie, cheapskate ass from shelling out your allowance money for a POS.

18. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    I forbid you to buy that junk

19. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I agree....

Plus it comes with a ding.

I wouldn't go above 300.

But then again, I'm cheap and don't like to waste money. If you got the extra cash laying around under your sofa cushions... Go a head and buy it. You could ride that in any conditions.

20. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Your selling a bridge? I'm interested! I already bought the Brooklyn bridge last year ...