What would you do???

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by gansett09, Aug 2, 2012.

1. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    exactly. doesn't he do this in all his movies? pick something goofy and ride it in a segment.

2. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    KP going to titty phuck the schzit out of this wave!

3. gansett09

gansett09 Member

May 25, 2012
    - I only surf their with the right swell, that place tends to close out very quickly. The place I surfed was more down the road.

4. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I believe this "soft top" debate is totally irrelevant to this thread.

Regardless, I think one thing when I see a soft top in the line up - it has nothing to do with Jamie.

5. gansett09

gansett09 Member

May 25, 2012
    - the main problem for this thread was that he was hogging all the waves!!! if you have long hair and a ponytail and surfed in RI, then your the guy lol

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    What would you do?

7. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    it just sounds like you were dealing with a wave hog.dont blame "longboarders" like they all suck and only surf the summer.i know plenty of longboarders who surf all year long,and can get barreled on a 10ft board.theres cool longboarders,there are also dik longboarders.thats like protesting the sups because they dont let u get any waves.if i was you,if i drove to the break and there were more than 10 guys out,i would have kept it moving to a quieter spot.if u cant surf anywhere else,than call the dude out,call him the dik that he is,snake him,drop in on him,fall of your board and launch it at his face.trust me,it always works lol,and they will paddle far away from u just to not have to deal with u

8. Sloop John B.

Sloop John B. Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I do not ride a soft top. All of my boards are older custom polyurethane/polyester boards, most of which were acquired and ridden by my mom and dad in the 60s through the 80s.

And, uh, Duke Kahanamoku is often credited with bringing surfing to Long Island, IIRC. He taught a lot of industrialists and their families who were living on the North Shore to surf on the South Shore in the early 20th century.

9. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Man oh man, this flat spell is really driving everyone batshiiiite crazy.

10. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Moving down a little has always been my preference. But you could always cut off his leash and meet him by the shower on the beach with Anthony ketis. But look out for Patrick Shwayze!

11. wave1rider65

wave1rider65 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009

Same here. In a crowd i never take back to backs, its just not a cool thing to do. Unfortunately there are wave hogs that ride shorts and longs. I'll put up with alot of crap but I have a decent quiver and an excellent ding guy so if your just gonna be an ass...... Well I'll just leave it at that.

12. dlrouen

Jun 6, 2012
    Well played.

Also, great point about how "wave hogs" are not limited to longboards.

13. OCLocal1219

OCLocal1219 Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I ride both long and short....and I as well sit out a bit farther because of the bigger board....but I have respect for the other guys in the line up. Been there done that. Days I took the shorty out when I should of had the longboard. There is no respect in the summer. People really don't get how surfing is anymore....use to be you could have 100 guys in the line up and everyone would rotate....now you get dropped in on, mess your boards up, etc....

14. Pursuitofhappiness

Pursuitofhappiness Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I have a softtop. I take my fair share of waves and ride them well. I wish I had hair.

15. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    I'd put up a post on a random surf forum and see what everyone, who wasn't there, thought about it.

Sorry, I got nothing better to say ;)

16. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    And hope everybody comes to my defense and says how much of a kook that guy was?

17. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    You should always post without expectation (or at least expect the worse)....or you won't last long here.

18. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    To answer your question, if some kook dropped in on me, I would go Kaiser Sosa on his a$$. First I would invite him over and kill my family in front of him, just to prove that MY WAVES are more important than anything, and I would rather see my family die than to allow some kook to take ANY of my share of the surf. Second, I would kill all his dudebrobrahman friends, but leave him alive to tell all the other surfers in the lineup NOT to F with me.

OR

I would paddle up to him and say, "hey man, can you spare a few waves for the rest of us please?"

OR

I would cruise back to the crib, grab my 10-6 and sit out deeper than him and snake all his waves and everytime I paddled back out after a wave, tell him how I got pitted, so pitted.

OR

I would paddle over to another peak.

19. dlrouen

Jun 6, 2012
    So pitted...

Best interview ever.

20. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    pull his leash