Where in fla for this weekends swell??

Discussion in 'East Florida' started by ukelelesurf, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Hey all. Headed to Florida with the wifey for this weekend's NE swell. Hopin some people can drop a little knowledge. Planning to stay in Ormond or Smyrna but wondering if this whole swell is going to pass that area on its what down to so fla. I know it will definitely be bigger south but swellinfo has NSI at chest high and clean for a couple days..I was thinking Bethune Flags might be fun but I havent been to this area for a NE in a long time. Would rather avoid driving the extra 2+ hours to Span house, sebastian, etc. Anyway, just two so we wont be cloggin up the line up. Any knowledge is appreciated--cheers--UKE

2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    You're headed to the right place, no need to drive, just paddle out at the inlet, either side will be really fun.

3. TylerSurf4life15

TylerSurf4life15 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Depending on the size and tide and if you don't feel like driving to Ponce Inlet, you could go to Sunglow Pier, or even a the beach approach at Ormond, directly infront or off to the left or right should have a good break, I haven't surfed there yet after Hurricane Sandy so I'm not too sure on it.

4. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    It'll be soooo cold

5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Good, the beach should be nice an empty then, can't wait!

6. ukelelesurf

Apr 25, 2007
    cold?? nah its all relative.....water is 10 degrees colder here in charleston.....and prob 50 colder in a place like jersey! Thanks guys--prob hang tight around ormond beach NSI

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah dude, it aint THAT cold, just enough to weed out the "girls"

8. ukelelesurf

Apr 25, 2007
    No..girls is good! Oh I get it "girls"!

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Last few weeks it's been pretty good but this weekend will probably be even better, if the report holds we're looking at long period, stomach - shoulder + with light offshores all weekend. The inlet hasn't been crowded at all, love this time of year...

10. ukelelesurf

Apr 25, 2007
    awesome--good to go with a 3.2 no boots?

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    No boots, very rarely would you need boots around here, maybe Jan / March at some point

12. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I'll be meeting this storm in the mountains. Over a foot of fresh powder is forecasted in the mountains of west virginia. Have fun in FLA though, personally i'd post up near or just north of Sebastian. That whole coast will be firing.

13. ukelelesurf

Apr 25, 2007
    Thanks for the info yall. The only place that really had a good wave was Smyrna..and it was fun as on Sat. Afternoon and all day Sunday. Also got a couple kinda wild but fun ones in playa linda. Again thanks for the info

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    No prob, we probably crossed paths at some point, definitely got some fun ones on Sunday morning / afternoon.

15. pguidry

pguidry New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    We got some in Jax Saturday. Shoulder high and clean.

16. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Glad you had fun. We had some good times in Sebastian. And today some smaller clean longboard waves. And the cold kept people away too. Nice Christmas treat :)