Where to go in South Pacific?

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by pinkstink, Dec 8, 2017.

1. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Thanks all for your input! I totally forgot I had posted this and was about to ask the question again. But being a good swellinfo-er I decided to search the archives before asking people to answer a question they've already answered ten times.

It sounds like Bali it is. A friend is going to be staying there for a few months (must be nice to "work from home" - mother-f-cking digital nomads), so there's already a good reason to make the flight. I'll get plenty of cultural experiences traveling elsewhere so Bali will be fine, even if it's a little built up.

Anyone ever surf Phuket? It would be a convenient stop on the trip north. I'm looking at stops in Kuala Lumpur, Taman Negara, Langkawi, Phuket and then maybe skipping across to Bangkok or Cambodia or Vietnam...
  2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Phuket?? Stop swearing.

3. LongIslandBro

LongIslandBro Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2017
    What about Lake Titicaca?
  4. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    could have potential??? haha Indonesia has the best waves on the planet just find places on any island in Indo and you will score.
  5. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I agree 100 percent bali is packed with aussie surfers and just packed in general. bali is generally a way to get to the other islands in Indo. I fly into Bali so I can fly out to another island this may. only spending a night in bali probably find a hotel and wont even unpack the boards.