Which Carver Skateboard?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by GrantLee, Jan 18, 2013.

1. bud

bud New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    What d'ya git and how'd you like it?

I'm in a similar situation, 6'2" 200# also looking for a shortboard crosstrainer. Looking at the Carver Monsta/Resin (seems to be same board, both 31" w 17" wheelbase), but think I might want a longer board because I'm a little taller so my stance is probably a little wider. The Carver Bitmap seems good, 35" board with a 17.5" wheelbase. Just a 1/2" longer wheelbase but maybe the toe kick nullifies the extra deck room. The Greenroom has an 18 7/8" wheelbase which I think is longer than I want for flat pumping and tighter carving turns.

Anyone have thoughts on Monsta/Resin vs Bitmap vs Greenroom?

Any 6'2" or taller riders on the Monsta/Resin? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. surfislife

surfislife Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm 6'3 and i have the 31"resin and love it.

3. dawnpatrol1187

dawnpatrol1187 Active Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I am 6'1" or 6'2" depending on the day. I have the 34" green room model. I have one of the older models and you could pick between two wheel bases when I got mine. 17" or 18" something choice of wheel base. I'm not sure if they still have that option? So far I have had no issues with it, I can pump on the flats, handle small hills, and slide the rear wheels out on sharper turns. With my stance I don't think I would be able to go much shorter then 34" before my feet would be too close together then what I'm used too. I pretty much have my front foot over\just behind the front truck and my rear foot right where the kick starts on the tail. They are great boards and tons of fun you won't be disapointed any way you go. Personally I wouldn't worry about the size too much because the trucks are the expensive part. If you get one and then decide you want to go shorter or longer you already have the trucks and the risers so you can just swap out for a deck length of your liking.
    Hope this helps

4. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I also have an older Greenroom model where you can switch the wheelbase, I prefer it on the shorter side. It's super fun all around. If you go with a smaller one with a shorter wheelbase you will have the advantage of a tighter turn radius and quicker pumps but you will lose some stability and might have to adjust your stance compared to how you surf. You don't want to have your front foot past the bolts on the front truck, you won't get the surf feel out of it that way, so you can judge that as a way to see what size to get.

I'm sure you'll have a blast on whichever one you grab, though. They are super fun.

5. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I am 6'2 and fluctuate between 185-200lbs. I got da monsta and it's sick!!!!

Don't worry about stance and all that crap, don't over think it, it's not so scientific, just get a board and rip it. They are so much fun, just get one and adjust to the board.

6. bud

bud New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Ended up getting the Resin. Love it!!!

7. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Just got the Knox board. Love it. Erock I know you got that one. Rode it for about two hours last night after the night session and could feel a difference on my first ride this morning. Cut a frontside back up the wave with speed I've not had yet. Was working frontsides on the Carver last night since my backsides are better and the first drop of the day I pulled my best front ever. Really looking forward to this Carver being lots of fun during the flat and also helping my surfing greatly.

8. mbolaris

mbolaris New Member

Sep 22, 2014
    I love cruising around town on my Carver 34" Green Room and my Dog Bamboo has gotten pretty good at skating his 31.25" Stacked Complete. Bamboo's even made it onto the Carver website. The C7 truck is the only way to go for a dog skateboard.

[video=youtube_share;NtYSuKIljKE]http://youtu.be/NtYSuKIljKE[/video]

9. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Bro is this really your vid and dog? Genius bro. He's stoked.

10. mbolaris

mbolaris New Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Yep, that's my dog.

11. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    I agree, that's pretty sick... Bamboo is on his way to becoming the next Poochie! Looks like a nice beach you guys are at there- what part of New Jersey is that?

[​IMG]

.. Yesterday I saw some kids carving down the street and filming it with a GoPro. Do Carvers look fun as hell? Yes. Do kids look dumb as hell Carving after each other with a GoPro on flatground? Yes.

Mbolaris I just want you to know that you inspired me to bring my skateboard to the beach for my attempted lazy afternoon session. I don't live near the greatest surf spot but the area does have two different skateparks on the beach.

Edit:

I'm the kung fu hippie,
    From gangsta city,
    I'm a rappin' surfer,
    You the fool I pity

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    That is f'n awesome. Sweet soundtrack too.