Which is Better?

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by MFitz73, Jun 13, 2014.

Which is a better Lineup to surf

1. Aggro Enforcers but everyone is getting waves

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Kook free for all with no one getting in peoples faces

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    which is a better surf situation of the the two?
    a lineup with aggro enforcers where people can get waves but have to wait their turn
    or
    a lineup which is an absolute kook free for all but no one is getting put in their place?

2. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    dunno but

pretty sure that 2nd place is called masonboro

3. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Both suck. That's why I avoid crowds.

4. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    better to surf with kooks.they don't know what they are doing,so all u have to do is avoid running them over because they all sit on the inside trying to catch the shorebreak.kooks rarely surf,they just get in the way

5. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    yeah but some kooks get out and get in the lineup and are good enough to shoulder hop. I was surfing a week ago at a place that can get crowded and sure enough it was and there were 6 guys to a wave, half eating it on take off... I would have liked some order in the lineup.... even the good surfers were saying fck it and were just going on anything that came in after a while.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I voted for the kook fest, even though kooks + surfboards can be lethal. Can't stand those aggro type ****s-on-sticks with their hard guy faces that take themselves oh so seriously. Better yet would be a big gang of kooks on bodyboards, now that would my kind of crowd.

7. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I think there can be a happy middle ground. My problem with the aggro guys is they are often the ones doing the snaking.

8. sharknado

sharknado Active Member

Jul 16, 2013
    aggro kooks with bible guns....and sharks

9. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    If surfing etiquette were similar to that of a ski lift (everybody waits for their turn), surfing in crowds would be more bearable.

It's one thing to get cut off by an inexperienced noob kook that doesn't know any better. Their transgression can be explained to them.

It's another thing to be blatantly cut off by some two-fisted crotch gobbler that is only attempting to place himself above you in the lineup pecking order. Such behavior is worthy of anger devolving into physicality.