Who are you voting for? Read this first!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by wallysurfr, Oct 31, 2008.

1. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Zansurf? Why is it a black and white thing?

2. Zansurf

Zansurf Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
    Dude the entire Howard Stern radio piece was on Black people in Harlem voting for Obama because hes black. My examples followed suit with the corresponding demographic on the other side of the debate. Uneducated white people who supported McCain based solely on the fact of race. I would go as far to say that the Black people were far nicer in their opinions, at least trying to maintain some sort of policy base for their support, whereas McCain supporters openly cited their unfounded fears of race, religion, and name association for their basis of decision. You seem to appeal to these fears in your very first post with the mention of his middle name and religion of his biological parents. This is my only problem with the attacks from McCain and his supporters. You choose to scare people out of making an informed decision, and instead make a decision based on arbitrary biographical information. This type of disenfranchisement goes against the most basic of America's values, the freedom to choose.

3. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2007
    They both truly suck tatters.

Ron Paul would have my vote but he is to much for the constatution so he would not fit in the sceem of things.

I had a whole long winded speech wrote out but I deleted it. This whole thing really is not worth my time specially on a surfing forum. The whole two party system of Repub and Dem disgusts me and how far they have the country divided is even worse. No fret I am one of the drones and am still voting with the system so the evil I pick is Obama not because I want to but because who else is there?

4. Zansurf

May 12, 2008
    Wow despite the use of the word tatters and your lack of writing skills i completely agree with this entirely. We definitely allow these two organizations run our country, and i know why. For one it prevents any real competition of ideas, allowing one side to merely discredit and stereotype the ideas of the other. The reason they do this is because it's easier to prove some one else is wrong then to come up with good policies that might actually fix things. In this system it's not necessary to be right, as long as you can prove that the other guy is wrong. I too, am a former Ron Paul fan that must choose a second, sub-par candidate.

5. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2007

Hey! Back when, when I first started going to collage, my english/writing skills were marked above average on the entrances tests. I even got to skip the essay portions.

Anyway, I kind of slack off and dumb down on message boards. Sorry. At least you got the gist of my crap. :D

6. wallysurfr

Oct 23, 2007
    Confused

Oh so you are voting McCain?

7. Zansurf

May 12, 2008
    Wow, that is genius you can make it look like i said something i didn't that's awesome, yet you still have no intelligent rebuttal. I'll give you one more shot, to say something that makes sense. :pbama 08'

8. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2007
    You won't get it.

9. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2007

I have not really went back and read most of the crap in this thread because it would probably just piss me off. I must say great post and you obviously know your history.

10. rodndtube

rodndtube Well-Known Member

May 21, 2006
    Correct, but incompletely correct. There is also the case where a bill passed and sent to the president that becomes law in 10 days even if the president does not sign it (subject to the congress not adjourning within 10 days).

11. wallysurfr

Oct 23, 2007

haha, you must admit the joke was pretty funny. I second JMD. We've already tried to break it down for you with easy analogies etc. but no one cares. That's the thing about politics, you have your stance and it is almost impossible to get anyone to switch. It really all comes back to pride.

I watch the market all day long and I would say that I know quite a bit about the economy. I know that if Obama does what he says he wants to do, we are in for very difficult times ahead. I'm not saying that when McCain gets into office he will fix everything but right now is not time to raise taxes on anyone.

McCain is heading in the right direction by giving tax cuts to large corporations. Think about it, the corporations getting the tax cut hire more people who pay income taxes into the system. The products of their goods or services don't go up and they don't more their production facility oversees!

Obama will raise taxes and instead of doing what Clinton did and pay down the deficit he will give your hard earned money to people who don't "feel" like working and fund the billions or trillion dollars worth of programs he plans.

It all comes down to one thing. This country was not founded on those principals! Have you ever read the constitution? Obama does not believe the constitution should be upheld! If you work hard and put the time in, then your hard work will pay off. Why should we work hard so that someone who is alright with taking handouts sits home and watches Maury Povich all day and has no intention on ever making a living for himself? Why would they? The government will take care of them through our tax dollars!

12. rodndtube

May 21, 2006
    It isn't quite so cut and dry. Being lower class or upper class does not necessarily correlate with ambition, effort and reward - opportunity for people from the lower echelons of society have many hurdles to overcome in order to significantly improve their "class status" but it is not impossible and there is a lot more opportunity in the USA to improve one's status then in other nations. On the other hand there are ample examples of the wealthly classes sustaining their entitlements through no special efforts of their own, but simply living off the wealth created by prior generations, and many laws have been written to support this opportunity. This nation's (USA) middle class has every opportunity to sustain its place, lose it or improve upon it although it has become more of a challenge during the past decade.

To the poster: Do you live "on the grid" or "off the grid?" If you are on the grid then maybe refrain from pointing fingers at others.

13. rodndtube

May 21, 2006

14. rodndtube

May 21, 2006
    It really is not so obvious. Inflation was rather bad during the Carter administration due to the emergence of a strong oil cartel. Before that we had wage & price controls for around 3 years under the Nixon administration after which inflation bounced upward to heights nearly as high as the Carter/oil inflation ceiling. Also, equating the hi-tech bubble with the housing bubble is akin to comparing apples and oranges due to the breadth and depth of those markets and the degree of people's (and institutional) wealth that it represents.

Moreover, the statement on bank regulations and loans is simply incorrect and the pools of loans made to people from the lower-middle class group was a very small proportion of the riskly subprime loans made and remade into highly risky repackaged instruments, also known as pyramid schemes.

15. rodndtube

May 21, 2006
    It is a bit of a stretch to say the Vietnam War was a war defending our country, rights and freedoms... and our ability to buy a $600 piece of foam. Ditto the domino theory used as a key argument for this war - the Vietnamese Nationalists won the war but the nearby countries did not become communist. To the contrary, that region of the world collectively has thrived.

Hey, I don't wish ill upon anyone, but you are also talking about the greatness and heroics of a man who lost 4 airplanes and is a gambler by nature. He rolled the dice and took a chance. I'd rather not see him roll the dice and risk our entire nation.

16. rodndtube

May 21, 2006
    Kelly Slater should spread his wealth and his abilities!!!

P.S. Best athlete to ever live? Well, yeah, you do sorta have to live to ever become an athlete! Still a bit of a stretch... but, he is very accomplished.

17. rodndtube

May 21, 2006
    This is a bogus assertion. Hell, a large number of the neo-conservatives that served int he Bush administration were freaking lefties before they became NEO-cons. As an aside, someone with a national security clearance could lose it by going around and touting it and posting a big red flag, "target me."

18. rodndtube

May 21, 2006
    The president has a lot of influence over pork barrel spending. The power of the veto is very powerful. It is also standard course in politics for the president to negotiate with congress over pork and presidents certainly lard up the budgets sent to congress.

19. rodndtube

May 21, 2006

20. rodndtube

May 21, 2006
    The USA is widely admired throughout the world. Most countries and peoples wish to emulate our form of government and freedom. In speaking of "our culture wars" however, it is interesting to note that a lot has changed in the USA during the past 40 to 60 years... it wasn't so long ago that women and minorities lacked many, many freedoms. But, we as a people have always had hope because of our great public statements of policy in the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and its Amendments, and the Emancipation Proclamation.