Who has been to Mexico and through Central America ?

Discussion in 'Mexico Gulf' started by Heberthurs, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Heberthurs

Heberthurs New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    I am hoping to go on a tour trip through Mexico and Central America when I'm 21. I am just wondering what the best way to go about the trip would be? I would be leaving from Australia, and am just wondering how other people have gone about a similar trip before? Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. Are group tours the best way to go about it? I want to hear other peoples experiences about travelling through this region.

Muscle X edge

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. cjswee

cjswee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Travel..

...Are you fluent in spanish? If not I would travel with someone who is...Just my opinion but your trip will be much better....Especially if you want to talk to some latin honeys...

All around just easier to travel that way....If people see a gringo all alone with cash and crap to steal you're an easy target so better to be w/ someone to interpret. I've been on the side of the road having a local cop trying to shake us down for money.....Luckily our friend pulled up behind us and got us out of it since he's fluent.

3. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    without a rudimentary knowledge of the language and customs, you're a sitting duck for the locals. You'd also be lucky to catch a whiff of the best breaks, which usually tend to be well off the beaten path.

Go with the group tour.

4. GiveandSurf

GiveandSurf New Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Bocas del Toro; Give and Surf

Go to giveandsurf.org and check out a great option for accommodations and waves.