who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah man, and the water was slightly less warm than normal

2. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    warm water, onshores, waist to chest high peaks. The kind of slop where you have to paddle into lots of mushburgers that go nowhere to luck into the occasional one that walls up on the inside and lets you do some fun stuff on a clean face.

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Oh it was, much needed, hope tomorrow morning is just as fun

5. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Sounds like VB today. Got out there before and after work for a bit. Finally got some waves, even if it was choppy.

6. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Mitch.. this summarizes the dusk patrol I just finished perfectly. Caught a couple of such waves -- very fun once you made it inside where the face was clean, long and had some steepness. Ya just had to build/maintain speed to get there.

Good to get wet again after ~10 days( which was a sesh chasing shin slappers). Very clean tonight as onshores died. Started to get a little bumpy as the tide came in. Tomorrow morning looks promising, but grateful to get in this evening tuneup.

7. Heythere

Heythere New Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Hey, I was surfing today on Venice Beach, California and that was really great! I downloaded a surfing app called Goflow. It shows me all good surfing spots (not only surfing). It is there where I met good surf guys to go on waves together. I recommend it truly!

8. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    But the big questions is, are you a hugger or a shaker? Inquiring minds want to know.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Wow, there finally was a waist high wave today up here in Cow Hampsha.
    Had a ball on the G&S Egg.
    Long rides, warm water (68F) and a bunch of college age chicks frolicking in the waves in their undies and topless at 5:30AM.
    Made my day.........

10. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Great day out on Folly. Less wind, less chop and just smooth rides all around. Got there a little late in the morning cuz my buddies' can't get their act together and coordinate; left me picking up one then turning around grabbing another board and so on and on. Either ways, made the most of my hour before work. Still waiting for the nose flood gates to open up. Of course, it'll probably happen when the hot sales girl comes in this afternoon

11. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, eat my f*uck. I haven't been in waves like that in I don't know how long. I guess it would have been a good day to drive another hour upcoast. But I had the wife and another new surfer along and that would have been too much for them. Ended up at the usual spot where it was much smaller. Lots of people out even before 7 am apparently expecting some bigger surf. Waves were sparse at first but it picked up for two hours just after high tide. By that time the crowd had thinned as well and I was picking off plenty of thigh to waist high liners. The water was refreshingly cool and crystal clear. Despite being less than forecast (too much south in the swell) we had a great time. Life is good.

12. Valhallalla

Jan 24, 2013
    If this app only shows the good surf spots and good surf guys, we're not interested. SwellInfo only wants the best surf spots and the best surf guys. GTFO and eat my f*uck. I recommend it truly! WWMLD?

13. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Looks fun on the cams in southern monmouth compared to the last few weeks. Anyone get some?

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Right on dude, at least you got some right!? This morning was similar to yesterday but not quite as big, more like thigh - waist high with a couple of plus sets thrown in. My new favorite move on the LB is the backside, drop knee nose ride while tucked into the pocket and flying through the section. Yeah, it felt like a nice set of tits.

15. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Clean and glass, but still kinda soft. Better than yesterday, though.

16. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

17. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    The buoys were reading 3.3 at 8. Hoping there was some juice to it but I'll take anything at this point.

18. Valhallalla

Jan 24, 2013
    Hell to the yeah. You'll never hear me complain about surfing even if it was less than I might have expected or hoped for. Every wave I have the opportunity to ride is a gift and I cherish it.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    F'ing A :cool:

20. nkh422

nkh422 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    had a fun little dawn patrol at the local - solo until the last 30 minutes or so when work started calling! pretty clean, and super fun relative to the last few weeks. there was a set or two with some push out there before the tide filled in