who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    what you got was enough.
    who else has been surfing lately?
    Any body get a afternoon session in today?

2. fishingallday31

fishingallday31 New Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Afternoon sesh was fun, waist with an occasional chest high wave. Dropping tide but still got some great rides. Winds look weird for tomorrow but maybe Sunday?

3. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    nice. at least someone got some waves this afternoon. around here the winds will be calmer to morrow but who knows?
    sounds like a lot of long boarding going on up and down the east coast lately.
    should get a little more beefy up here early next week. I might be needing to take the "no fooling around" vehicle.

4. HighOnLife

HighOnLife Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Damn, checked it out.... Saw your truck and hid then drove away. No bs.

Ended up at point

5. bbop1322

bbop1322 Active Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Heading out tommorow and i can't wait!!!

6. BassMon

BassMon Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    Hey man your on LI right? I'm pretty sure we surf in the same area. Not asking you to name any spots but just saying.

Waves were good the past two days. I had allot of fun on the LB yesterday. For a thigh high wave it was freaking fantastic. Like you said just peeling for days. It was the first time I rode the LB in a few months (I usually LB quite a bit) and it felt really refreshing. Today was a bit bigger around stomach high. Pushing chest on some but not quite.

Today though I rode a new board. Monday I picked up a 6'6 Campbell Brothers bonzer from a super awesome guy on these forums. Thank you again. So it's a big wave board but Iv been waiting to try a bonzer for years. There were waves, I had to try it out. I was pumped to try the bonzer but to be honest I wasn't expecting to much considering the waves. I had a freaking blast. So much speed. All day Iv just been day dreaming about the speed I'd get in the bigger waves it's intended for. I'm so amped. I'm sold on the bonzer, now it's a must I get one more suited for our average waves. I could go on and on about the board but my point is the past two days have been waaaaaay funner than expected. And tomorrow's looking fun too. If your paddling out tomorrow enjoy!

7. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    im in key west right now

so no surf for me.

8. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Check it today , looked like 6 sec. poop. Still jonesen to try the new stick.

9. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Did your flips bust out the top...did your own snowbal push you back into the white washi of that frothy glory..
    Stoked for all youz...
    Hopefully I get some this weekend when I'm no longer a slave to the hourly wage....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  10. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I haven't been out since the waves where good last- like 2 weekends ago... With the daylight/work issue in the winter, I save up the days for when the waves are really good...

Seems like since thanksgiving the wave consistency has dropped.

Itching to go once the waves are good. There was a little size today so maybe if the wind is offshore- tomorrow??

11. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    I saw that board on here. Probably get to use it in proper surf next week.
    Yeah l've read your posts and always feel like we were in the same place. Or at least pretty close.

12. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Nice thread Peajay...

I got out today. I hadn't surfed in about two weeks... and I felt it. Mostly I was flopping around, I think I spent a couple of hours out only to nab five or six measly waves. And I surfed them like sh*t!

Waist-stomach when they came through, with a couple of chesties. My boots are leaky as **** and my suit is leaky too. But just watching the sun's glint on the ocean's surface is enough to put my mind in a better place.

Let's hope tomorrow's even better!

Still, it was great to get back in the water.

13. Lipsmacker

Lipsmacker Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I put my stepson and his buddy on some fun looking windswell last week. I timed it perfect and got them to the beach just as the front passed through and the wind switched offshore. I stood on the pier with the camera and mind surfed/drooled as I watched them blow wave after wave and dodge every set. They came in and said it sucked. I wanted to punch them in the face.

14. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    All good stuff here.
    Hope everyone gets some tomorrow. If you do be kind and talk it up here.

15. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I actually saw guys surfing a spot down there, and ended up catching a few waist high wind slops on one of their boards. It was near the Southernmost Point out on a reef on a really windy day. But yeah...that was a rare occurrence. Id actually rather it be DEAD flat to improve the visibility for snorkeling.

16. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    All over it tomorrow if the chest high/offshores/sunshine comes through. So it probably wont.

17. cbb09

cbb09 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2008
    http://youtu.be/dSjoAtPgUc4
    Heading up to jobos or middles
    Little jerry...,. Fond memories of this show.... Surfing with mi amigos from n cali...

18. grainofsand

grainofsand Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2014
    saw killakiel at the pier on the cam groveling in crappy 2'NE freezing/howling wind - Guys dedicated to the VB suckage, very inspiring

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    WBF I LOVE those foggy days! I get the place all to myself or just a few other nut cases who like surfing blind, but typically can't see them anyways. It's quite the experience. I usually have a handful of sessions like that each year. I had one a couple weeks ago at Ponce that was incredibly fun, waves were chest - head+, couldn't see em till they were up on you. Turn and go like you said, cross your fingers and hope for the best :)

20. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022