who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    ^^^Nice...

Fishable againe today... Both yesterday and today saw small, clean East swell and offshore winds. Water's cooled down, which is nice. All last week was like surfing in hot green dumpster juice.

2. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Betty - it is definately not a renatl. do not know where they got it but Mitchell knows the family so maybe he can find out. I know another paralyzed OCMD fell that could use one as well.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Water has felt great lately, a little cooler for sure, but skinning it was still confortable, sun was bright and I got some color on my pastey skin.

4. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    TrackMaster-All-Terrain-Wheelchair-Pennsylvania-300x212.jpg

Looked similiar (not exact) to this

5. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Yeah, that would work too. I just get cold easy. Maybe it's the lack of body phat or slow metabolism. More rubber always does the trick though.

6. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    All good on this account, and a nice story, so thanks for that.

Sorry to disappoint you though, there are a lot of sick or disabled people or people who lost loved ones who know your karma theory to be false. Hospitals and cemeteries do not lie. You giving to the poor is correct, but not why you caught a good wave. It doesn't work that way. The rain falls on the good and the evil alike. Just sayin'.keep feeding the poor and other acts of do-goodery. Give anonymously, generously, expecting nothing in return.

If you get cancer, you get cancer, hit by a car, hit by a car, catch waves, miss a swell, has nothing to do with karma.
    Karma does not account for children's hospitals.
    Flawed belief system.

You can do everything right with love in your heart and still be struck down. Happens every day.
    Besides, there is no one righteous.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  7. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    Really. How is it then that yesterday was pumping and today virtually flat here, and it was fun up there, not that many miles north of my beach? Interesting.

8. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Youre probably right. I was speaking figuratively though. But, I like to think positive in that regard anyways and I do believe in positive affirmation. I probably would have gotten that mini choob without giving away my money, but it sure made my day, as a whole, feel that much better.

Crappy blown out myrtle today. Really yearning for some real waves right aboot now.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    It was far from pumping yesterday... at least here. Did you hit it at the same tide? Waist sets at a standout spot at the right tide yesterday. About the same today. Look at the buoy data... same 2' ESE swell at 9-10 sec. A bit inconsistent, but it was still working... ish.

10. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    What's better, 1.6 feet at 10 seconds or 2.4 feet at 6 seconds? Mid tide and winds light for both.
    I know it's sad, but that's what I have to choose from this week.

11. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    depends on the spot and swell direction, for my area. there's a little nook I check that can produce waist high shortboardable nuggets on 2.4 @ 6 but hates periods over 9 sec. I'm actually hoping to score it Tuesday evenjng. My go to log spot can throw up long 2 foot rollers on 1.6 @ 10 but is flat on 6 second wind wave.

12. Madma

Madma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2017
    8 inches, nice and phat...

13. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Yeah, I was looking at Tuesday PM but was just informed by the wife that I have to take the young urn to the Orthodonist. So it look like 1.6 at 10 on Thursday. My spot should work then. I hope.

14. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    It was totally pumping here saturday. I guess you did not read my posts about chadwick this time of year. We had long rights bowling, wedging, peaking and growing with speed and power yesterday at low incoming for nigh on two hours. It happens every summer. Monmouth is different.

Today was puny weak gutless inconsistent total shiitehouse. Why buoy readings do not interest me. I walk up the street and look. All morning, limp, then dead low, getting better, incoming, classic totally pumping small summer swell for two hoiurs.

Same thing a week ago last light sunday/first light monday, pumping. The rest of those two days were really weak.

15. beachbreak

Apr 7, 2008
    Lb see and believe!

16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Oh, I'm a believer, brother... "Local conditions may vary" carries a lot of weight in the summer, even from one side of a jetty to the other.

17. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Saw same thing, level of participation and involvement, stoke and inspiration at a Patriots Day wounded warrior surfing event at VB Oceanfront several months ago. The wounded vet was a quadriplegic and had a special wheel chair with caterpillar treads. It actually went a little ways into the water. It was not a rental and had to be very expensive.

18. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Rideable all wknd long here in the southern, classier part of the Carolinas. As far as a i remember, Friday was the better of the days. then it gradually got worse. but it was swell, clean glassy stomach to chest push. Mush intertwined at times then took over Sat n Sun, but Sunday was Sunday funday w it being the better of the beach dayz as far as clear n sunny weather - a bottle of sangria n couple deuce deuces were had n dismembered. might get another push on Tuesday but hard to tell, weather/forecasting has been up n down here the last two weeks. Took out the 6'4" and 7'2" fisches along with a passed around funboard this past wknd, they were utilized but no ride too memorable all wknd

19. ericp10

ericp10 Active Member

Mar 13, 2015
    got out in north jersey after shaping all day in north jersey. surfed from like 745-9:00ish (probably a little before 9 but well into dark). there was a full moon so everything was lit up pretty well with the lights from the street in addition to the moon. surfed a super fun beach break with a long board. on a short board it would have been chasing closeouts but thats why I love north jersey with a log, the waves are steeper and its perfect for nose riding, not to mention logs are so fast that you're not surfing a close out anymore. coolest part was using the reflection of the moon on the water to see the lines coming in. such a relaxing session, heres to more waves

20. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I find myself surfing into the night a lot. The lineup also empties out quite a bit!

Today was one of those total washout rain days. We've had more of them this Summer than in normal years, or so it seems. Good for nothing but staying inside and cleaning the house. Got a friend visiting from Florida this week, so maybe we'll go to AC for fun tonight or something.