who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Son Bather Bob

Son Bather Bob Well-Known Member

Its been pretty big in SD the past few days. Ended up surfing a novelty wave inside the inlet yesterday. Pretty cool experience

2. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

It was solid head high plus liners today in Jupiter, got out too late, about noon, the wind swang around a bit onshore but still kinda light. Just got back. Wind made it kinda lumpy and kinda close outish, and I ate it on the first two. My new wetsuite was nice, I can breathe again! I went up from a L to a XL, got the ONeil hyperflex. Water is down to 70 degrees, burrritos.

A few guys were getting some steeper rights and some long lefts. I finally got into a few. Last wave was sweet, a long left that connected to the inside. Not too bad of a current, wish I had all day to surf today, but gotta make a dollah, hollah hollah. Life is goode.

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Got out on Sunday, def not epic, actually it sucked and was cold as hell! BUT, I hadn't been out in quite a while. Wind was cranking in from the north and waves were kind of breaking all over the place. Only was out for about 45 minutes, but scored a couple decent rides. Seemed like conditions were getting worse so I wrapped it up. Cold as hell, waves sucked, current cranking, wind cranking, still had fun!!!

ChavezyChavez likes this.
  4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Clean chest - head high waves this afternoon! Soooo much fun on the LB. Medium period ESE swell with light WNW wind making for long rights and some A-frames mixed in where you could get a fun left. I took my time early on, just soaking it in and enjoying the great weather and perfect waves. Then I started picking them off one by one, each one better than the next. Finished on a high note with one that will be remembered for a while. January has been awesome!

5. willburne

willburne Member

2 sessions today , ocmd , stomach to shoulder on standout sets, I think Grayson undid some of the dredging nonsense they killed our breaks with this fall. Some new bars are forming, caught a few nice lefts.

6. marksharky

marksharky Well-Known Member

Cold, hollow, low tide thumpers. Heavy wet-suit, water 40 deg., air 30 deg. Can't wait to go to PR.

desandan likes this.
  7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Smallish clean lines yesterday. East swell, moderate NW winds. Maybe a longboard session this afternoon... that would be a nice change.

desandan likes this.
  8. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Cold AF yesterday but fun tubes. Ice cream headache season. Cant wait for the tropics either. Enjoy your PR trip - first year I am not going in a while, settled for Barbados this year. Hope to get back to PR next year.

9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

All you dudes planning trips to the tropics... getting jealous.

I'm looking at Ireland in June. What is WRONG with me!?!?

desandan likes this.
  10. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

I'd be jacked to go to Ireland, I'm jealous.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  11. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

12. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Really would like to try that Thurso place in Scotland, looks like my kind of wave.

13. Utah__Two

Utah__Two Member

That's in my top 5 list, but it seems like kind of a hike to get to. Winds can be a little fickle in the winter.... Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd love to head there and to Mundaka to get the best of both worlds.

14. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

+1 for Ireland. It's on my list. We had a nice run of swell up here in NoFla. The 30 degree air temps and 48 degree water has scared off all but the most polar bearish of the tribe. Love the winter for that reason, but planning a warm water trip in the spring. Anyone have any warm water options where Zika is not present? If not, I think the destination is southern California. Would still need to suit up but at least it's a little warmer there than here this time of year.

15. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

I’d love 48 degree water right now. That sounds toasty.

willburne likes this.
  16. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Wrapped up a fun 9 day Florida surf and family getaway from the freezing cold. there were fun wave just about everyday and got to hit up a bunch of different spots all withing striking distance of the Palm Beach / Jupiter area. Thanks to SiSurfdogg for the board rental suggestion...i ended up getting a nice 6'0" fish...not some NSP garbage. Trunking it felt GREAAT.
    Couple shots of typical conditions on the better days (which was several days).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 8:51 PM
    nopantsLance, sigmund, pdub and 6 others like this.
  17. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Sweet pics bro! Glad you and your family had a nice trip here in the dirty souff.

Mitchell likes this.
  18. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Strange but fun little morning. Swell was small and tide filling in. Light winds. Thigh high. Low to mid 30s air temps which was nice for a change. Waves were fickle. Positioning was key more so than usual. You had to be right on the peak. Hard to tell which ones would wall up and which ones would just fatten up and shoulder out. Sesh started slow so I told myself I needed to get at least 3 waves to make it a session. It was pretty high. Then there was a solid 20 min pulse of some really good ones considering the day. I got one left that walled up and was fast... gave the oncoming section a solid back hand smack. First real turn of the day. Had s similar wave as a right. Those two made it worth it. I could tell things were going to come to a halt soon so I ended the day after another good wave. Even though it was 20 degrees warmer than it has been, it was still cold and I wasn't looking to be sitting there idle waiting for the last wave that'll never come.

I put off getting a new 5/4 this year. Mines alright, but it's leaky. Lots of cold water flushes. I live close so usually I just ride home in my suit but today I took advantage of the weather and changed in the lot. It was nice driving home dry and warm.

All in all it was a fun day and got a handful of good waves that made it worth it.

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Some fun LB waves today around the waist+ range. Conditions mostly clean with very little wind. Lots of rides the 1st hour, then it slowed down the next hour and then it started breaking again as low tide was approaching. Some rights, some lefts, lots of turns and cutbacks, some nose rides, etc.

Gorgeous weather and had the place to myself for the most part. Water felt cool but very refreshing. Great day all around.