who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Hell yeah. Maybe I'm broken. But I'd prefer a LB in bigger stuff (not compared to a SB) then smaller. Like DP said, that's when those things come alive.

As far as being an LB. I agree. But it's because of the variety and diffrent style. Not because of waves. If your saying that, you havnt ridden a board or don't have the paddle strength or somthing. Maybe it's because i only weigh 140. But i can ride a mini in the smallest waves we get and more than keep up with the LBs.

And don't confuse my words eats. That's not a jab at you. Just saying. I thought that same way for a long time. Tried plenty "small wave" boards. Thought they were BS. Until i found the mini. So i completely disagree with that statement. LB is all about switching up styles. Nothing else.

Betty likes this.
  2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Dude the rain has been relentless, I cut the grass in the rain this past weekend because I didn’t want to let it go another day . Three days later it’s ready to be cut again.

Betty likes this.

3. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I do mine every two weeks, this time I let it go three! I'm too lazy to cut it every week or god forbid less than that.

And when I go back to work in September and the grass still needs to be cut until October, I have to pay my nephews to do it, but they don't even come down every weekend. And since they work full time now and are 20, I have to pay them more than the $30 bucks I'd give them when they were kids and didn't have jobs yet.:p

I have neighbors that cut their grass like 2-3 times a week and they annoy me. Usually because they start before I get up in the morning and that's what wakes me up.:rolleyes:

Betty likes this.
  4. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I really don't like using one in bigger waves, I really don't. I mostly just use it for when it's barely ''Rideable''.

I will sometimes go for what I call a ''Conditioning surf'' or ''Bag surf'', which I've adopted from the hockey terms ''Bag skate'' and ''Conditioning skate''. Like DP said he does. He'll paddle out for exercise. I do that sometimes when it's flat-ish if I haven't surfed in a while, to get myself back in game shape.

I will concede this much, I'd rather ride an LB in bigger waves than ride nothing at all, but I always prefer a smaller board, when possible.

Betty likes this.
  5. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Oh no me too. I might of worded that weird. I prefer a SB over a LB in big stuff. But if i was handed a LB and told i could only ride that.... I'd prefer to ride it in somthing bigger. Because like DP, i feel like that's when a LB really comes alive

Betty likes this.
  6. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Yes Barry, I went surfing today in preparation for the rainstorm from TS Alberto tomorrow. The forecasted wave condition looked junky as did the webcam. But, you gotta go before you really know. So , go we did.
    As promised, the waves were small, about knee to thigh high, very short 5 second interval, choppy. It was cold for May in Florida.

Due to the junky waves, there were only about ten in the water and half were women: it’s always fun to have lots of women in the water, and we usually all know or recognize each other. There is a sisterhood out there.
    We traded some funny surfing stories about guys, making the sisterhood bond even stronger.

One of them spotted a shark today, hard to see due to the murkiness. But it was a small shark, so she didn't bother to move over.

It was glorious to be in the salt water, and I feel so lucky to have surf friends who make it happen.

I got several meh waves. But Then I got my ride for the day, paddled hard for it, scrambled to my feet and rode it backside until it died, about 8 seconds later. Some old salts on the beach, waved their arms and cheered me. So sweet!

capecodcdog, Kanman and Barry Cuda like this.
  7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I am happy for you Betty!! By the sounds of it all, you would make anybody a great friend.
    It is flat here in Cow Hampsha, but....but.... we is supposed to get waves within the next day or so, for three days, forecasted. Hope so.
    Happy Memorial Day.

Betty likes this.