who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    E0882B21-DF8E-412A-856F-38D0E385788B.jpeg no surf so yard day...sometimes just as good

DosXX, SCOB3YVILLE, pdub and 6 others like this.
  2. Sandbar18

Sandbar18 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Spent last week in SoCal
    Hit different spots each day from Sunday - Thursday with some very consistent waves. Not big by any means, but super fun.
    Water was super clear, and had offshore winds every morning, sometimes through the entire day. Most mornings I was chilly in just a 3/2 - should've had a 4/3 or added boots to the 3/2. Even a hood would've been smart in the cool am air temps.
    Could clearly see the smoke from the wildfires...felt a little weird surfing while some much death and devastation was happening not too far away and no way to help.

DosXX, eatswell, Notaseal and 2 others like this.

3. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    You need to step your beer game up man!

4. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    Hahahaha! It’s all that was in the basement fridge!
    I’m usually a Fosters Blue can or Shipyard Pumpkinhead/ Sam Adams Winter warmer

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  5. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Friday was insane. Had a short day at work.. but the AM surf check saw... no kidding...15'+ bombs. Ridiculous. If somebody said there were 20' peaks, I'd believe them. Wanted no part of that, even if I could have gone. Nobody out. Lot's of sectiony closouts.

Early afternoon was epic. Still well overhead, but nothing like the morning. Sandbars were perfect. Lefts and rights, and offshore. Got a couple coverups but no full-on, deep barrels. It was pretty much just trying to point and shoot... and not try to take a beating. Swell kept dropping and by 4pm it was barely head high, if that.

One for the books.

Saturday morning I went hunting, and when I stopped by the beach on my way home it was knee high. How does that happen?

DosXX, Mr.Belmar, Kanman and 4 others like this.
  6. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    No lie sometimes it can be 15’@8seconds at the buoy at 10 pm and by 1pm next day it’s knee high around here. Crazy when that happens

7. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    You'ze guyz up north are psychos! Great pics, great stories. I'm pumped.

I caught some nice clean peaks chest high on Friday. Yesterday I had to help my wife early, and by the time I made it out it was honking side shore out of the north about 15 plus. I asked a couple guys in the parking lot how was it, they said the wind is on it now. (Duh!).

I told them me and the wind, we're tight. They call me the breeze. They looked at me like I had three heads.

I had the LB, and there were chest high lumpy sets, very sectiony and warbely. You had to be selective, and paddle a lot against the current but every now and then a good one would jack up on the bar and peel, then do random things.

The trick was to keep the knees real loose, and let the board and the wave do their thing. I made a few all the way to the beach, and the waves would breathe, getting fat and convex, then steeper and concave, then it would pulse and get fat againne. It was fun. Like a roller coaster, just finding the sweet spot and sometimes having to crouch thru a bouncy section, then standing tall thru the smooth parts. It was cool.

DosXX, eatswell and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  8. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Hopefully gonna surf this afternoon at some point. For a little while. Have the day off and the forecast looks good.

9. EastShoreRider2

EastShoreRider2 Active Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Friday early afternoon on Delmarva was really good. Chest - shoulder and the sandbars have been so much better than the last few years IMO. The waves are really pushing through rather than unloading on the bar into closeouts.

Surfed pretty close to one of the top spots and I pretty much had the peak to myself.

Notaseal and sisurfdogg like this.
  10. NJsurfer30

NJsurfer30 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2016
    A trick I picked up from a friend years ago that has never failed me: ANYTIME I start a vehicle and get out while leaving it running, I crack the driver's side front window 2-3". No exceptions, ever. Not even when it's -20, not even when it's a full on blizzard, not even when it's both of those things and I'm heating up the car for a family trip and my wife is complaining that leaving a window open defeats the purpose of warming up the car because too much cold air gets in, not even despite the fact that it is virtually impossible to lock the doors of my and my wife's current cars (subaru outback and legacy, basically the same vehicle) when they are running (if you hit the lock all doors button on door or remote with engine running, it will immediately unlock again after a split second)...

I have never locked my keys in my car since I started doing that.

11. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I do the same thing!

12. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    If only someone would invent a little magnetic box where you could hide a second key somewhere underneath

13. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Or a fake rock with a hole in the bottom for a key. HA HA

Notaseal likes this.
  14. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    True story. I went surfing last week and forgot my board. I already had my wetsuit on, pulled up at the break in a froth, opened the hatchback, and no board. Somehow I managed to remember to bring my towel (which I always forget), but forgot the actual surfbort. Fortunately a short ride back to the beach house, but christ on a cross, what am I to make of this?

15. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Drugs are bad, mmmkay

MrBigglesworth and sigmund like this.
  16. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I missed this last swell. Truth be told, I haven't surfed in weeks. I've been spending almost all my free time hunting. All I have to show for my efforts is 3 rabbits, two grouse, and I missed a massive buck in archery. He has been the bane of my existence. My white whale. I must put him in my freezer. He's out there in the woods right now, laughing at me. I can here his laughter. It's driving me mad...

17. MrBigglesworth

Jun 29, 2018
    If you must, midnight with a flashlight and a .22 hollowpoint between the bright dots Hahahah
    Mine is an old grey buck, been around for almost 5 yrs now - taunting me from behind trees.
    Sometimes he’s only 8 but others I ran out of fingers lol.
    Mmmmmmmmmmm, venison stew in January

ChavezyChavez likes this.
  18. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    So this is a funny story. Im notorious for locking my keys in the truck or house. I can't tell you how many times iv had to break into my car or house in my teens.

Anyway it's my 20th birthday. I work at a restaurant and my parents are gone for the weekend. The Friday i had to work late so my then GF/now wife stops by to grab my house keys (since my parents weren't home to let her in like usual) so she can start making dinner for when i get home. Get home, eat dinner, whatever. The next night, Saturday, I'm off early and throwing a party. Get off work, bought some alcohol and get home. Standing at the front door i realized i never asked for the house key back and she's a good hour out. So i have no option. I ram the door and break it open. Completly ripping the strike plate from the wall. I call her up...."what are you stupid!? How am i supposed to get in the house with no key?"..... to which she responds "what do you mean? I put it back on your keychain when you forgot to ask for it back". I look down and there's my house key, sitting right there on my key chain. I just broke down the front door while the key was on my person. Told pops straight up, I'm an idiot. I broke the door down because i ws having a party but the key was actually hanging from my belt loop the whole time. He just goes "ahh well we needed a new front door anyway. I guess it's time now".

19. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    There, I fixed it for you

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I thought you would be chasing asian sluts....