who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    went out Sunday evening after realizing that my morning sessions would be swallowed up by the night. was hard to tell if it was going to produce, but figured i should take my chances. took the big nasty indestructible 7'2 NSP cuz of it being close to lo tide, also took a 6'9 Loehr fish b/c of the incoming tide. turned into stomach to shoulder sets. just 3 of us btwn electric ave n aftershock. had only a power hr to rock it, and thought about switching out the NSP but i had some really fun ones and thought that NSP got me over the 2nd set to ride several into shore. real tuff to cutback on that board, but managed to. also noticed i didn't slip once, all waves were manageable - no wipeouts. went out yesterday evening, but the waves were long gone

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Same! Expected it to be thigh high, so I took the log to work. Turned out to be chest high+ on set! Even pulled into a few. There were some waves I was totally wishing I had a shortboard. But the sun was shining... and I was surfing. That's all that really matters.

3. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What is Happening? Is Spring happening? I think Spring is happening. I'm buying lawn seed. Always good to see yous all getting on it.

Got a fun one yesterday. Headed to a nook that would be protected by the side shore winds. Found it chest high with a few head high peaks outside every now and then. The wind had a bit more south than I thought it would, so there was a wrinkle at the take off but it smoothed out inside. Rode my squash tail thruster. Such an easy ride in quality waves. Best rides were from behind that outside peak straight down then right up into a backside top turn. It was the only vertical spot. The fish may have handled it but not as well. After that it dimished to chest high and got all slopey. Turns just to get a longer ride and not really much at the end of it. Except a long paddle back. The fish would have been better there but not by much. One of those days where really anything would have worked. Just some tasty rides in nice weather. Followed it up with a falafel at a picnic table.

Looking at another weekend swell. Hope you guys gets some. Post up if you do.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  4. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Been getting lots of choppe sessions in lately. Last weekend both days had some good peaks and fun rides.

Yesterday itwas quite a mess except at a couple protected spots. Spring break being in full force the spot I surfed at was crowded and some kid dropped in on me and proceeded to fall. His buddy had a go pro and he was getting in everyone's way. I didn't even scold them, they were so young and oblivious LOL.

The waves were chest to shoulder high and every so often I'd go to the peak, jostle for a random set, and get a good ride on my 6'6" NA round nose. Smooth drops, good sections, some fast, some connecting all the way. I missed a few opportunities due to being overly cautious in the crowded lineup. but all in all got some nice rides and had fun enjoying Mother O's bounty. Life is goode.

5. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Got in a 3 session day on Monday. OH sets in the morning, wedging peaks in the early afternoon, and an hour of barrelling perfection late day. Resuming body motion today.

6. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
  7. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    The above pics is today's ride and waves

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  8. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Decent boart. Mediocre wave. A pic of them actually together aka surfing...?

9. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Saturday looks like a toss up down in RI. Fingers crossed it cleans up.

10. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Another spring break session with a couple dozen of my closest friends. Waves everywhere else were marginal, this was one of the only spots where at draining low tide there was a vertical section or two. Very wonky with an underlying north swell aboot 4 ft and a SE wind 15 mph blowing it out and making for some random peaks.

Peajay ... this threade makes me think when I get out of the water, what was the unique thing or two that made this encounter with riding a wave on a board special. Two things today, beside a few nice quick drops and some weird lines in warm salt and sun -

A beautiful bodacious blonde was the only female out there, and it was hard not to stare. She looked like Darryl Hannah, and I caught a long wave all the way in and when I paddled back out she planed out on the takeoff, then when the wave died down she stood up in the whitewater and surfed for a couple yards, it was surprising, I figured she was a shredder.

Then I caught another one all the way in, and walking back out the shallows, there was a guy with a SUP out past me a bit, and when a bitty reform came thru he let the boart go, and I saw it before it happened and easily dodged it. He was young, but had a hipster beard, so I gave him some grief, stored up from the day before, no doubt.

I yelled loud enough for the lineup to hear - "Yo! Kook! Get ahold of your board. Grab a hold of the board fucker!" He went down the beach. I felt kinda bad for going all aggro, but he was old enough to have a teaching moment.

On the way out of the parking lot, he was loading up his SUP on his hipster mobile (actually a nice P/U Truck) and I drove by and apologized for getting all mean, but told him he was a hazard and I had to say something. He apologized and said he deserved it. All smiles and no worries on the way out.
    '
    God please let it break good somewhere else tomorrow!!!

Life is still goode LOL.

11. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    One more thing...there is a guy who I see at the spot all the time who can surf really good, we usually get there in the late pm - he looks like the caveman from the Geico commercials - I see him and then going thru my head ..."Every where I go..."

Is that you Kyle?

12. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Looks like the T’s will be working on the incoming, no?

13. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Fun waves this afternoon and extended daylight too.

Went in at the reef, and wabaaaam! Mistimed my entry through the reef and got drilled by the shorebreak. All good. Except 5 minutes into my session I feel something scratching my arm each stroke, and lo and behold I find this [​IMG]

La_Piedra likes this.
  14. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I surfed a lot today. Made some $$ too.
    The si forum mods are kooks and need to pump the brakes on the banning button.

Shoots.

15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    when you surf alone its hard to do that.. even for you.

16. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Damn that suuuucks. Fixable but damn!

MrBigglesworth and Yankkee like this.
  17. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Just kidding! o_O

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
  19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Caught some mediocre waves on the Fish this morning. Water is about 70 degrees and felt awesome. Too bad the surf is still weak, soft, slow, mushy poo. I saw a guy on a LB doing slightly better than I was but not by much, his rides looked painfully slow. On my ride home I got stuck behind every slow driver in Melbourne. Either they appeared to be lost or they were so stoned they were paranoid and thought cops were following them. But hey, I "surfed" today.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019