who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    was not expecting to get wet this week but now Friday is lining up to be another fun shot of swell

Notaseal likes this.
  2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    hoping the swell turns up this evening. winds should be shifting at any minute to make it lest sideshore n more direct. got a buddy back in town filming for a show, gave him some extra booties n gloves n kept his wetsuit from a year ago when he left it on folly. also, supermoon while surfin could make all things epic. waxing the bottom of my booties in anticipation

MrBigglesworth, desandan and Notaseal like this.

3. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Yeah, if the forecast holds, my weekend begins tomorrow at lunch, and then take off Friday and head south to rodanthe

desandan and La_Piedra like this.
  4. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    We may not have known how to spell Shaun Tomson at the time, but we knew who we liked...along with MR! Going through some old photos....this little guy was hanging from the ceiling in our crappy apt. in downtown OCMD, circa 1980. Twin fins....I guess we werent up to speed on the latest tri fin technology coming out of Australia!

shauntomson.jpg

5. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Tropicaltidbits.com Looks like a strong start for Spring !

desandan likes this.
  6. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    we called out earlier in the week for a big wednesday evening sess at the Washout. one dude dropped out still stuck hi n dry up in mtP. took it to 11th, perhaps expecting a drift down south. it stuck well tho, long rollers chest hi. took a min for me to dial in, buddy's board was 2ft longer n he was killin it off the start. i took real close to the jetty cuz my board seen it n felt it before. had a good time, felt chilly late into the sunset. this morning however were for the big bouyz. couple streets down on electric, first in the water, head hi+ sets long n clean. very selective for the short morning, a handful caught. 3 that stuck to mind, carving turkey to the right - ez to do on the loehr twin fin fish. bunny hopped one down to the left then back to the right, almost in that easter spirit i guess. then backside left on a head hi set, one of the bigger ones on a backside in a while. saw some good friends in and out of the water. no bad spills or deep duck dives, all is swell

sisurfdogg, Notaseal and desandan like this.
  7. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    I'm starting to think the surfline algorithm is tweaked by someone who lives on Cape Ann because Surfline always predicts crap waves up there even when SI shows 4+' and clean. We'll see what's doing tomorrow.

MrBigglesworth and Notaseal like this.
  8. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Today was F-U-N! Finally a decent groundswell typical winter day. Surfed just south of the Cocoa pier and had the place to myself for the most part. 3-5' groundswell with stiff offshores. Water temp felt about low 60s, air temp mid 70s
    It was probably a little bigger further south but inside the cape is always cleaner with NW winds. Full moon made positioning crazy - it felt like I was having to sit in a different spot every 10 minutes with that tidal swing.

9. Notaseal

Notaseal Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    It was the bomb this morning.

10. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Amazing day down here in Central fL. We deserved it after a long spel of crummy waves. Head high, clean, and barrelling. Had two sessions, surfed out

11. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Nice! i hit a spot just north of sebastian inlet and not as clean but chest to head high range and delivering got punished in a few big closeouts but rewarded on other open faces.

12. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    sisurfdogg and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Today we have crap conditions with crap wind waves, with crap cold air, with crap cold waters, crap cloudy day.
    As per usual.
    I think I will go take a crap........

14. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Plenty of swell in the water this AM in NoMoCo. Wind was still too north and a lot of water moving around... That along with the cold rain made it unappealing. This afternoon should be super fun as wind turns more west

desandan likes this.
  15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    "Tis what I waiteth for......

16. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    that's how it was for us down south. def keep your eyes on it. it was the following morning when we scored bigly

Notaseal and desandan like this.
  17. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Balls deep in mud and flood waters right now. Finishing up a job. Just like last week, the West winds behind this storm look gnarls. Hope to get some tomorrow AM.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  18. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I snuck out of work 2hrs early today and surfed for 3hrs on the Green Fish. It was low incoming tide, chest - head high on the sets for about an hour, maybe 90 minutes, then slowly faded to waist high, maybe a chest high set every 30 minutes when it was getting dark.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  19. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Got my best wave of the year today and I am still pissed I missed so many more due to crowds and full moon high tide. Am I being a cry baby. Yes. That's what happens when the first wave is your best one, and the rest of the time you are out of position and making a few random drops.

It was a sweet way overhead left, breaking slow, then picking up speed, with offshores grooming and holding up the face so a nice smooth cutback could be had, getting back into the pit. Had the 6'6" NA round ass round nose out for easy entry. Connected to the inside from all the way out. It was butter. Like Chinese food, it left me hungry for more.

• Tomorrow should be longboard heaven early. Heading to Rocky Reef Sandy Shores Ocean Cove Cay Municipal State County Beach Point Jetty Bluffs Park for some high tide magic. Life is goode.

20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    As predicted, the wind knocked it down significantly by yesterday afternoon. There were a few nice sets still coming in for sure, but the wind was blowing 30 with gusts to 40. One of those eye burning "spray-in-the-face" sessions.

Kinda sucked.... lol.

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.