who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Here's some pics from Canaveral national seashore Friday... There was a scheduled engine test of the space x heavy rocket which was really cool to be within 2 miles of. 20190405_115527.jpg 20190405_115512.jpg 20190405_075524.jpg

desandan, Wavestrom and SCOB3YVILLE like this.
  2. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Hilarious!

Impossible to tell if this is ankle high or DOH.
    You need a photo coach, fella. No don’t ask me to do it just pay someone. Mitchell, he’s an expert - just ask him, he’ll tell you.

I’d rather see the rocket engine pics than this swill, er, swell with no one surfing.

See what you can do about that :rolleyes::D

3. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Lets just keep this topic positive.

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Tuesday we are supposed to get a post-storm (small storm) swell. It seems to be the first day in a while that I haven't had an appointment, date, work, child caring event scheduled in about a month, when a nice swell is in. Seems winds will be not too bad (finally).
    I will NOT wax my board, decide which board to use, get wet suits ready, or even THINK this will be good.....lest I jinx it.
    I will just think about the most boring sport ever...baseball. Woody Allen used to do that when having sex so he would last longer.
    Works for me.....

5. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Sat morning was promising, but didn't get much out of it. Some ppl were saying Fri evening was better, maybe a stronger push, but the guy i was surfing with caught only a few as he did on our morning session. they were waist hi but breaking real close on shore. got worried about damaging the LB. kinda of a letdown, hoping for sumtin better. maybe need to get a surf trip planned out sometime soon

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Fun weekend of waves in MoCo... Hoping for the trifecta today after work. Looked like a possibility when I checked it this morning, but the tide was really high. We'll see......

7. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Good ole Playalinda. Love that place. Cue the jaws theme song.

8. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Your knowledge is limitless Barry. BTW, I wonder if that trick is how he got his name?

9. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Good one Mitch. That is funny!!
    He said that in one of his early movies. 40 plus years ago.

10. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    I'm OK with missing surf like this past weekend when the fish are biting. My freezer is filling up with Rainbow and Brown trout. My wrist is still messed up but I'm getting a cortisol shot today. One more weekend of fishing in PA and then it's back to the surf for your Big Daddy.

11. Notaseal

Notaseal Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    ever surf near a brown trout

Yankkee, La_Piedra and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  12. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Got out three days in a row. Pretty stoked. Not so stoked to see myself on cam doing some weak front side hacks... but I was jamming on my backside tonight. Couple fun ones out there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Waves evaporated, substituted with North wind at 20mph.
    Forecasts sucked yesterday...as per usual.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  14. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    tomorrow...

15. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    promises , promises.....

16. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    X2 ..................... thank you

sigmund likes this.
  17. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Changing at the beach , its heaven to feel the road warm .

MrBigglesworth and antoine like this.
  18. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Oh, ok 'bud.'

19. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I'm not sure what's gotten into spring but I'll gladly take it. After a dismal end to winter the swells just keep rolling in. Saturday was crazy good, a pretty longboard wave yesterday morning and today got surprisingly good. My wife shot a couple from the pier on Saturday and after surfing this morning I went back out with a new water housing and played around for a good 45 minutes. It just feels so nice to ditch those dam gloves and sport a 3/2. The only drawback is I have a really tan head and a very white body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I surfed last night - talk about warm! Parking lot change at 7 p.m. into shorts and flip flops. 75 degrees out. Love that. Knee high waves but a good evening to swim around with the waterproof, catch a few waves. First session without gloves felt fine. Hardly anyone around on a beautiful warm evening - its still the offseason but feeling more like June.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sisurfdogg, Manik, NNYNJ and 9 others like this.