who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Huh?? You mean....you actually convinced a female to breed with you??!!??
    Remarkable!!!

2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    twas a fun Saturday. got in early early off a recommendation from a buddy that the swell was leaving. it wasn't...so i got two sessions in at the washout. real sneaky drift south, and a lotta lefts presented themselves. so i scooted down the beach pretty quick, had more than a handful of peelers n squeelers to edge out getting rammed down by some shoulder hi's. hit up the local shop on record day, then made my way back at hi tide with the onslaught of summer beach traffic. undeterred tho, less drift n gotta to try another board to catch some more. water warmed up, no booties, some ppl skinning, it was weird. did get jelly of one kid with a mid-length single fin gliding around. i don't think it'll be too long before i get one myself

3. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I feel for your long suffering wife.

eatswell and nopantsLance like this.
  4. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Thank you. So do I......

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    It was rideable on Saturday late pm as the tide dropped and the wind picked up. Got some waist high choppe on the homemade rocket fish. It floats real nice so it's god for weak waves. Water was B eautiful. No one out, good north running current so I did a drift after paddling against it for a while, just to get a workout.

Yesterday was bigger maybe chest high plus on peaks and was crowded with groms at the spot. Coming out of the woodwork. A couple could surf well. Got the NA 6'6" and got a couple short lefts and some nice longer peeling rights. The best wave was steep and almost HH and I ate it on the drop, being too forward and caught a rail. Didn't expect it to jackup like it did and paid the price. Banged my forward knee up somehow, but not bad. Water was perfect.

I was watching the Masters all morning and looking at the wave cam, and at a certain point when the Italian found water I knew Tiger was gonna be in it till the end. But I needed to find some water too. Got some fun surf. Then went to a beach bar and hung out with some friends. Then came home and watched the recording. Life is goode.

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Looks like there's a swell... but it's blowing offshore 30-35 sustained, gusting 40-45. Don't know if I'm into that...

7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012

8. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    Barry would go.

9. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Barry already went....

Zeroevol and desandan like this.
  10. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    got it pretty good first thing this morning....high tide outgoing, hardly a breath of wind, sun popping out, 3-4 foot south wind swell. Steep south angle. Such a steep angle you had to keep cutting back to get off the soft shoulder back to the pocket....fun kind of wave.

11. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    took the LB out yesterday evening for some thi hi thrillers. alright they weren't all thrillers. alright they weren't all thi hi either. missed a lot more than i caught, kinda of a sideshore thang going out there on a fading swell. but what i did is get over a handful of 20-30 yarders that you step up to and get to enjoy in the sunset in the comfort of my 4/3 which i'm prolly the last one to rock in the 68 deg water. jellies are out bigly, no stingers tho i heard one kid get it. glad to get some, maybe this wknd's shot of splendor will provide the next ride thru - would be nice on 4/20 just sayin

12. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    The swell came on post lunch, so did the 30 to 40 mph winds. On a somber note, local surf shop owner Melissa took a fin to the eye. She was airlifted to Philly last nite, cracked orbital bones and early rumors of losing her eye.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    That blows!

14. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Got some really fun waves the past couple of days. Saturday was gorgeous, minus periods of fog and funky air. I ended up finding a waist hi left wedge at the end of the day. Had it almost to myself as everyone else was surfed out. Got some sick cam rewinds too.

Yesterday was a day for the books, for me. I checked it at 4:30pm and started out with low expectations. There were shoulder hi sets, but 30mph+ wind gusts...

By 5 I finally chose the spot and paddled out with my pal. The wind steadily decreased the whole session, but the sets kept coming. I’ll be damned if we didn’t score! For a couple of hours I got some of the longest running rights that I’ve had in recent memory. I mean legit 5/6 turn waves. We literally felt like we were on a right hand point break. The off shores held the big sets way open. They would wall up and have these long open shoulders. Not every set was perfect, but I got too many good ones to count.

Stoked.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 4:22 PM
  15. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    got the deuce in this weekend, 1-3' saturday with the morning glass, tad inconsistent but took the center fin out of the 6'2" sting fish and slip-slided away for a few hours. Sunday didn't get out until the afternoon, same size, less crowd and mo wind chop. Rode a 6'0" tri squash and got a few.

16. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Best part of this post..... paddle out at 5 and still have a couple hours to surf. Just a few weeks back you'd have 20 min of light! With the nicer weather comes crowds and flatness but there are some positives! Just about that time where i can start squeezing in sessions before work!

Glad you scored kan! How's the shoulder been holding up?

sisurfdogg, MrBigglesworth and Kanman like this.
  17. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    I love this time of year, Bass. Getting out of the water at 8 o’clock is this shit. That combined with the warmth and freshness of spring. It just feels good.

I have surgery scheduled for May 15, so I’m using this last month to surf as much as possible. My doc is saying I’ll be out for 5 months. So I should be back for the tail end of cane seezan.

sisurfdogg and desandan like this.
  18. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Had my first surf in a couple months on Sunday. It was only my second since I came back from a week on Oahu about 11 weeks ago. It was waist to chest high and pretty clean. It was a pretty good time out there in the 46 degree water, but I got pretty sore. Working all those muscles I haven't worked in weeks!:D:p

I'm out of work now for the next almost 5 months, outside of 10 days in July. I hate that it's not too warm yet here in Jersey. Been so busy with work that surfing has been hard to come by since late January. On the few days I've been able to, it hasn't been anything worth going out in. Would love to take another trip somewhere in the next few weeks. Just not sure where to go. I'll be doing an Oahu trip again before I go back to work in September.

Forecast doesn't look any good the next few days, so I'll probably clean the gutters and do some house work. Fool around with the cars a bit and maybe my bike.

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Welcome back dude, take advantage of all that time off and surf your butt off!

eatswell and Kanman like this.
  20. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    Sorry to hear that. My brother got a fin to the eye a few months ago, but fortunately was wound was superficial. Them fins are dangerous.