who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Get well compadre

2. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Speedy recovery roque

3. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Get better dude... rest up to fight another day

La_Piedra likes this.
  4. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I always get skunked in SD.

What do you think of Roberto's?

5. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    I went to one in a strip mall, don’t know if it was legit one. Chicken burrito was ok but my wife didn’t dig her greasy quesadilla

La_Piedra likes this.
  6. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Sounds all too familiar.

eatswell, Panhandler and Yankkee like this.
  7. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    kind of a surprise swell today...wasnt expecting to surf, went to work for a bit, but noticed the buoy was reading 2.6 @ 8 sec and 70 degree water so brought board, trunks, and shorty. Checked surf around low tide noonish and was pleased to see some 2 foot lines coming with some period to the swell. It had that look that incoming tide was going to bump things up a bit.

Paddled out with longboard, trunks. Full on 2 hour session of fun thigh high lined up surf, with a few waves pushing waist high once the tide push came. was chilly but glad i wasnt wearing the wetty...it was a summer vibe in the water and most were trunking it. From around 2 p.m.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eppo, eatswell, nopantsLance and 9 others like this.
  8. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    You always get some great pics.. i enjoy your posts

9. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I was hopeful we would get a little something too, but passed right by us.

10. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks for the pics, Mitch. Thanks for the stoke.

goofy footer likes this.
  11. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I paddled out, sat on LB, surrounded by 6 of the cutest Chicks, local Girl's Rule Squad, they're so sweeeeeeeet :)
    Mitch shot a Pic of one of our local surfer girls, she scores a "10" in and out of the water.

Yankkee likes this.
  12. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    finally, we had some waves that i thought were rideable. thi to waist! Saturday super early morning, moved into the beach house the day before. Took the LB out nearby the pier. It was pretty hectic crowd, summer soft top crew is in. i had myself plenty, somehow avoiding the crowd, and found myself situated with some wahines. I overheard one of them saying after scoring a wave, "I didn't see it (wave) coming, but i saw that guy's (me) face and figured i should go for it". I do remember what she was talking bout, was eyeing that wave from 200 yds out and i'd imagine my face resemblant of cartoon eyes out of the skull - all for a waist hi swell. that's how bad it's been down here the last few weeks

eatswell likes this.
  13. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Thanks!

14. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    They look fun!

15. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I agree, I always enjoy seeing the pics- they really capture the stoke but also do a great job of showing the conditions instead of just someone describing it...

eatswell and antoine like this.
  16. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Scored several nice rides early. Very clean wind swell with thigh+, with an occasional waist/stomach. Must have been the T-storms that rolled through to the south. Very clean, and waves got better as tide filled in a little. Less than a hand full of guys on it. Wind was picking up and had to get to work, but it was fun while it lasted.

17. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Sup guys. Still over here recovering. Have had the chance to get out to the beach and film a little bit, which has been nice. My buddy is picking me up in a few and I'm gonna bust out the cam and grab a couple shots.

I put together a little 2018 NJ video edit that features myself and friends. Features include mediocre surfing and kooking out. It's all in fun though and I figure while I'm injured I'll try to stack some clips for the Tube, and hopefully get the chance to record some guys that are better me.

If you're bored and want to watch a little Jersey surfing edit, check it out.

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Got a few little cruisers on the log today. Clean and offshore... nobody out.

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Good stuff dude!

MrBigglesworth and Kanman like this.
  20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Sweet... nice job!

Kanman likes this.