who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. goofy footer

goofy footer Moderator

Sep 23, 2010
    Nice surprise this morning, left over East swell, was supposed to be knee high, surfed 4 hours on blue Tim Nolte glassy thigh/waist & few stomachs too until SSE swell kicked in. Even old guys get lucky once in a while .....................

2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    can't believe the jellys are still out, been like 4 months now. got in myself at the washout both yesterday evening and this morning. this morning was glassy stomach to waist hi w the rare chest coming. it was beautiful. only out for a quick sess, but i was loving it n starving. rode the 6'9 loehr fisch. fresh wax on it which probably expalins the whopper wipeouts - five was the count. been a good couple days despite the shtty lookin forecasts. i've gotta do some more research on forecasting apps, i'll refer to the right tread today

DosXX likes this.

3. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Is there gonna be waves soon? I cant tell cause everything is gray

4. SandAss

SandAss Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Just waves of Bennies on 18th Ave.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  5. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Hey that's ok with me! at least theres gonna be waves! everyone head to the Belmar!

6. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Had an enjoyable early afternoon surf with son who arrived here from Seattle this morning.

7. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    This is sad but its all we got in central fl

Attached Files:

8. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    rikes Raggy

9. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    LB waves for days at low tide these past 3 days here. Apparently a fun grey bump for surf Friday and Saturday here too. Watching TS Barry

sisurfdogg likes this.
  10. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    If I didn't have to drive 2.5 hours and listen to my wife tell me how to drive I'd be there in the am with a smile, a doobie, and a LB.

This afternoon after work on the high tide, I paddled the 6'6" NA Pill with a dive mask tied to the leash over a reef today, then attached the leash to my leg whilst free diving, then swam a bit towing the boart, then paddled against the current back to the south side of the reef and repeated. It was nice to stretch out the back, traps and lungs. Justin case I'm still alive when we get waves againne down here, or there is a swell upcoast worthy of putting up with The Mermaid's Tourettes Syndrome. She's on a roll.

antoine, Kanman and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  11. goofy footer

goofy footer Moderator

Sep 23, 2010
    Hooked up with Yankee this morning @ best bet for knee high short period swell. Its been too long since we shared a session and real good time, he has so much whit & stoke, as you all know. He should be back soon after he returns from Costa.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Yo, shoot me a PM, I can’t see your profile for some reason. I got a message for you.

13. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Fun sesh this afternoon at an old spot kind of come back to life this summer. Spot that wedges up little a-frames when everywhere else is soft longboard lines, but goes dormant for months on end. Used to be consistent...used to be where all of the OCMD kids learned to chuck airs. Used to...Used to...Used to... Got on it this afternoon on the low incoming tide with a couple friends.

OC inlet.jpg

14. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Last night was surprisingly good at certain sandbars in OCNJ from 6pm until dark.

SCOB3YVILLE and goofy footer like this.
  15. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Ditching work early and going to go get folded up in some shore pound before the sun goes down. Hoping tomorrow will clean up some if the winds get their sheet together.

nopantsLance and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  16. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    This. Semilong pumping little rights 70 miles north of ocnj beachbreak was chilly and good. One of those amazing summer scores everybody else misses out on. Gotta just walk up and check it and there's waves nobody who is anybody even finds out about.
    Happens every summer! The kooks all leave and we get the evening swell. No lifeguard shit after 6. They all go back to the hole they crawl out of back over the bridge. No beachbadge shit, either.

antoine likes this.
  17. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Same as my Jerzy brethren above... little loggers yesterday on the incoming. Water was downright tropical.

On a side note... visibility had been spectacular the past few days. Saw a LOT of really big Tog... but of course... they're out of season right now. Missed a decent sized bass. Lot's of fluke, but I'm sick of it already.

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  18. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Gulf has some crazy energy in it still. Took a lot of work to get to the outside but it paid off with a really fast drop and a long ride to the inside with 2 fun sections. Arms and shoulders are cashed though from fighting the current and wind. Ready to feast now

19. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    6D49AA81-94E9-4E67-B6D5-33E712332C31.png Been getting it pretty fun in front of my house the past few days. Nothing special but enough to keep me tired.
    This was from this morning once the wind started coming up

20. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Cool shot, the water color looks inviting (minus the suite)

Panhandler and SCOB3YVILLE like this.