Why bodyboarding is better than surfing

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by epictetus, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Gary Williams

Gary Williams Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I feel like you learn more about a wave & different takeoff points on a body board verses a surf board. I prefer surfing but I think body boarding trains you to make steeper drops on faster waves.

However, spongers tend to be the guys who get bitten in half by sharks. Ill stick to surfing in the long run

2. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Emass, Why would I hate bodysurfers? lol

3. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    more one sided diatribes on the way

4. leetymike808

leetymike808 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    This is by far the best post i've seen on this topic!

And who cares what you ride. I guarantee the people talking bout paddling out on a sponge at OB have never even seen OB in person. Give it a rest you charge your sponge.

Speedbumbs. If you really wanna 'feel' the wave loose the foam mat.

5. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Please. All this talk about which is better than which. And to top it off, you insist on posting pictures and videos as if to back up all your statements as "fact", which it isn't. Here's why:

1) Surfers are doing the same exact stuff in the same exact breaks. Showing pro spongers? You might as well compare them to videos of Kelly Slater and Dane Reynolds...which brings us to the second fact:

2) None of those guys are you.

You like boogie boarding. Good for you. But saying that it's harder or more technical than surfing is a joke. A surfer can master a biscuit in one week, max. There is no way that a life-long sponger could even handle the basics of surfing in one week, let alone one entire summer.

It has nothing to do with "hate" or "haters", the stupidest word in the lexicon of mental midgets. It has everything to do with fact and reality.

If there's a nad dragger in a gnarly lineup and he's as good as those guys in the videos, he'll get his props. But the fact is, it takes years to "master" surfing, while it takes a summer to learn those hot boogie moves.

6. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    I never got into the difficulty aspect of wave riding. Who cares? I do it because it's fun. Period. The only thing I said was paddling out with a bodyboard is harder than a surfboard and requires more edurance/paddling skill. Period.

My ass. Do you know how hard a air reverse is? Or a bunch of other maneuvers are? And then to go out in waves like that guy was in? Just to be able to handle the paddle out takes years if at all. Boogie maneuvers are VERY difficult to learn. Most riders can't do them at all. I know I can't do many of the moves. Of course most of the time I'm just having too much fun doing the best tricks of all....getting barreled and taking the drop going straight.
    This just shows your lack of knowledge. You know nothing about bodyboarding. Just watch an IBA event sometimes. I'm sure you could compete with those guys with their "hot boogie moves" after a single east coast summer of boogie boarding :rolleyes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3PSX53NkI

7. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    sharkhunter, show us your air reverses?

watch an IBA even sometimes.....if you dont have a sleep aid, this is sure to help!

and I dont hate BB, I think its fun to make fun of people though so long as they can challenge back. You are all grown ups (sort of) so take your medicine like a man. It's a childs pool toy. End. Of. Story.

8. leetymike808

Nov 16, 2013
    I wonder if sharkhunter realizes we prob see more shredder spongebobs than he has ever dreamed of out here MIS?

I wonder how many air reverses you do Sharkhunter? And if its any why are you trying so hard to claim it? Just deal with it. You like doing something that is for pre-pubescent teenagers. No hate.

9. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    the chics are great, all that kicking has sculpted some truly fantastic glutes

10. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    My exact statement before
    I thought those moves could be learned in a summer? Oh so now we are backing off that claim and making it about me and admitting pro bodyboarding takes skills? lol You guys are a joke.

Why don't you actually read my posts? Where did I claim I can do that move? Where's your videos showing you doing stuff kelly slater can do? lol

Your point is basically bodyboarding is for little kids, which is a complete joke. And you've been proven wrong. Thanks for playing :)

11. xJohnnyUtahX

xJohnnyUtahX Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
  12. leetymike808

Nov 16, 2013
    I'm not claiming air reverses. I HAVE paddled out at OB. Sorry i dont record every session i have to show you.

Pros are pros no matter what they use to get themselves to that level. I never said learning the moves doesnt take time or effort. Nor have i said its not skillful. I give props to the kids (and a random adults) that shred their sponges, usually they go drop knee tho.

Talking about reading posts, i have only just begun to post on this topic.

13. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    so MANY MOVES!!! cant master them all!

14. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Many others have said the bodyboarding requires NO skill and can be mastered in one summer. LOL Read the thread.

720 Air reverse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwTG1wV_5HI

15. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    who the **** posts on a surf thread... how many air reverses can you do? what are you gay? this dude thinks hes tuff because he can do some airs lol.. dude people in south carolina are doing airs..dont think your special. we dont get waves often either. lee you better wake up and smell the waves.

16. leetymike808

Nov 16, 2013
    I have read the thread, you replied to my post sayin i specifically said things that i didnt. I just find it funny all the spongers are trying to rep so hard. We get it you guys rip.For the rest of us its what we do if theres nothing good enough to surf.

I dont know what you are talking about. I cant do airs to save my life, never said i could. But hey you go for it guy.

17. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
  18. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    You specifically said

No hate my ass!
    I think that might insinuate a lack of skill and basically supporting the idea that bodyboarding is for a 12 year old. I don't care about "reping" anything. I'm just calling out people on their absurdity and superiority complex just because they happen to stand up on wave. Get over yourselves. Many Surfers are nothing but a pain in the ass and the most dangerous thing about riding at any break on the east coast is getting run into by some jackass kook on a surfboard and getting really injured with those sharp fins and hard boards.

Boogie 4 life. ;)

Peace

19. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
    ya man! +10000 on this one! Going into my favorite swellinfo quotes document! Yew!

20. shark-hunter

Apr 29, 2012
    Hub is just sick. Period. I'd much rather watch him than kelly slater.