Why is Swellinfo always off!

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by WBWBWB, Jan 8, 2015.

1. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    not lost

stay and hang out. act retarded with the rest of us

2. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I just spoke with the "swellinfo people" and relayed your message. They asked me to tell you to "go fu$k your muddah."

3. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    So.

You signed up.

Complained about the forecast first post. Which you have every right to do so.

Got so irrtated si didn't answer you within one hour that your never using it again. Lol

Now I see why your so irritated that the forecasts aren't exactly on to the inch. You have no patience as far as I can tell. No offense.

Relax man. It's all gonna be ok. And why not monitor si and the weather and go to the ocean to check it? You know your gonna.

4. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I find SI to be pretty decent at forecasting the possibilty of swell 2 to 3 days out. Having said that mother nature is unpredictable over a few days or so. You might just need to go oldschool and get a visual at your local break.

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    The buoy report in Rhode Island is all screwed up too! WTF!

6. WBWBWB

WBWBWB New Member

Jan 8, 2015
    lol your mothers a whore nynj (just kidding im sure she is a nice lady). so you guys keep reeling me in. ive been using swellinfo since it first came out. i remember the old days when we had to watch the "blue channel" on tv to hear the marine forecast to get an idea if any swell is coming. i use various sources (surfline, stormsurf, various buoy and weather stations, tricks, voodoo, sacrifice, etc) and have a good idea of what is going on after surfing and watching it for 15+ years. swellinfo is a useful tool i have in my arsenal that is becoming less useful. i came on here just to bring to light this ONE topic in hopes it might reach the swellinfo people so that they can hopefully get some feedback that the forecast for my area has been increasingly wrong. im not impatient that they haven't responded. im surprised so many people did respond. my issue isn't that they aren't 100% accurate, its that the forecast has gotten worse in the past few months. That said, its starting to look fun out so i'm gonna go surf. be cooler if it was 2-4 ft though :p

7. wilmshark

wilmshark Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2013
    If you had been 'watching' it for 15+ years you wouldn't need a forecast page

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ///< br><br><br><br><br><br>< br><br><br><br><br><br>///EC brahs can't take anything past three days out seriously unless you really know your weather. ///< br><br><br><br><br><br>< br><br><br><br><br><br>/// We as individuals are responsible to know our local wind patterns to take into consideration with the forecasted winds.///< br><br><br><br><br><br>< br><br><br><br><br><br> ///I think overall SI does a good job at a difficult task.///<br><br><br><br><br><br>///

9. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    ^^^^^
    last 2 posts

+1

10. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Br br br br br br br br br
    [video=youtube_share;zvEWFjWfqiU]http://youtu.be/zvEWFjWfqiU[/video]

11. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Its a hard north swell and the beaches in SE NC face southeast...not too hard to figure out its not gonna be that hot there. Im sure the forecast was the same for SC but I could've told you it would be near flat here with suck a hard angle. Anyway, I think this site is pretty good if you know how to use the maps...if you just look at the dude and his blocks and the printed out forecast....youll miss out

12. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    2-4 feet...could be 2 feet

knee high is about 2 feet, give or take a few inchs on how tall you are

you are upset the forecast off by a few inches?

get a clue

13. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    [​IMG]