Wilmington Custom Surfboards

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by sjserpe, Jan 11, 2012.

1. sjserpe

sjserpe Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Hey everybody,
    I've been shaping boards for a few years and i've just opened a small company in Wilmington, Pilot Surfboards, so if you're interested in a board hit me up. Between me and my associate, we have about 7 years shaping and glassing experience, so i can assure you our products are of professional quality. Since we don't have the overhead that shops and most shapers have, our boards are also priced very competitively, i think you'd be surprised at the kind of deals we can get you.
    So, if you're in the Wilmington or surrounding area, and you're trying to finda board, feel free to give us a shout! Happy to give price quotes on anything, have you come by and check out the shop, or even just talk board design. oh also! Heres our facebook page, give us a look (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pilot-Surfboards/305168509523539). Thanks everyone!

Sal Serpe
    sjserpe@gmail.com

2. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Good luck to you guys!
    One question.... what area code is 757??? Just a suggestion, if you want to attract locals, get a 910 number....

3. sjserpe

Sep 28, 2009
    Thanks! It's a Virginia code.. I just go to school here, i've done most of my shaping work up in VB where i'm from. That's a good call though, thanks!

4. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Right on man. Are you doing your glassing or getting someone else to? If you are looking for an outside glasser, I suggest using Dave Endress at Glass Tech. They guy is a master, I used to ride for him when I was a grom and he owned Power Tool surfboards. Geez, showing my age now

5. sjserpe

Sep 28, 2009
    Haha i'll keep that in mind! I've always like having someone else do the glassing, but i think to keep it simple at first we'll be doing it.

6. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    you going to UNCW?

7. sjserpe

Sep 28, 2009
    Yep, I love it!

8. wave1rider65

wave1rider65 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Would be nice if you had some photos of your work.............. Nothing on Fbook.

9. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    nice Im a junior there, Id like to see some photos too. Might be interested in getting a board.

10. Rockyn

Rockyn Member

Mar 4, 2011
    How much would you charge for a copy of Channel Islands M13?

11. sjserpe

Sep 28, 2009
    Yeah, definitely working on getting some photos up.. as soon as i start producing boards, they will be there. I do have another company i've worked with where i'm from in Virginia Beach, you can see some pictures at www.sovereignvb.com.