WOW its Windy out

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by MATT JOHNSON, May 8, 2010.

1. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Just got back about 2 hours ago from OCNJ . It was fun but the Wind was howling. One guy had his board sitting on the sand by the pilings and all of a sudden the wind took and and it smashed against 2 pilings . Ouch is all I could say

2. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    that sucks for him. you really gotta keep your board in control on windy days like this. i had to kinda bury my backpack a little bit today in the sand to keep it from blowing away. i hate all this wind. this has been the windiest year in over a decade from what i can remember. this spring hasn't been so bad, but this whole winter it was a mess. a lot of snowricanes too. i'm supposed to have a little one on one street hockey session tomorrow morning with a buddy. that should be fun with all this wind.

3. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    yea, it's kinda crazy...i've given up resetting my porch furniture...i'll just leave it be for the time being. my neighbors whole porch get-up collapsed...the awning, the frame, everything is in a jumbled heap on the ground. really sucks.

waves were fun yesterday, but being pelted by sand in the line up got old pretty quickly. water temp has deff. dropped a bit, too. i went in after about an hour & put some gloves on.

4. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    good windsurfing weather!

5. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I was going to go out yesterday but decided against it. Instead I checked out the cars at WW boardwalk car show. I saw a Corvette with a cracked hood from the wind snapping it backwards and a guy trying to re-adjust a hood on a 57 Nomad that a wind gust grabbed and bent the hinges. Just carrying your board yesterday was dangerous.

6. bodyboarddude

bodyboarddude Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    the kite-surfers down in rehoboth bay,de have been loving this wind. drove by the other day & saw at least 20 sails out there.....

7. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    kiteboarding.
    windsurfing has been cancelled

8. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    kiteboarding gear is just too pricey to make the jump

9. jay cagney

jay cagney Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
  10. djones

djones Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    today is epic for kiting at sandy hook

11. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008

You should have gone out. It was fun in WW on Sat. Surfed for 4 hours.

12. stoneybaloney

stoneybaloney Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Yeah I surfed about 2.5 hours in Monmouth County. There was definitely more sizable sets than I expected. Pretty awesome compared to the recent flatness.

13. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    wind, but waves

I t was ok on Saturday. The water was cold, needed gloves. I don't know how it wasn't blown out with all that wind. Caught a few . I needed that bad!

14. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    off-show

it was blowing offshore in MD for most of Saturday and Sunday, small waves but squeeky clean.

15. Don Ride

Don Ride Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Windsurfed Sat. and Sun. got worked good, had fun. My arms are 2" longer. Love to try to kite this summer.:eek:

16. stoneybaloney

May 11, 2009
    I didn't ;)

17. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah. I started with gloves in WW but took them off after 2 waves. was fine the whole time in a 3/2 with 3mm boots. probably could have ditched the boots too.

18. stoneybaloney

May 11, 2009
    The gloves weren't need if you have testicles, but I couldn't have gone without the boots. :D

19. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    goggles would have been nice with the sand blowing right in your face.