LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

surfline is crap

I hate how surfline is practically a shortboard only website. They almost
    have nothing other than the shorboard style. I really wish they would mix it up a bit more, especially considering they're considered the leading website for surfing.

Surfline's premium forecasting service is a valuable tool, the LOLA dashboard, the near shore model, etc. The video and news coverage... is inspired by ASP events, freak spots like ships, mavs, and mex pipeline. Their videos are about hell drops and big airs. Things are just at a higher adrenaline level than longboarding. If Joel Tudor is featured, he is on an egg or a fish, if Laird is featured, he is behind a ski at jaws.
    Last edited by leethestud; Jul 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

or try a shorter board yourself.i recommend the twin fin fish,especially since your name is super fish

Surfline has been around for a long time. I can remember when they use to have surf report phone line. Remember those surf report phone lines? Does anyone still call a surf report? If so, that would be pretty damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Surfline has been around for a long time. I can remember when they use to have surf report phone line. Remember those surf report phone lines? Does anyone still call a surf report? If so, that would be pretty damn cool.
    When I used to live in Jax Beach, FL Sunrise surf shop still had a report hot line. This old fella who always takes a morning swim at 6 am did the report every day, and did 2-3 updates depending on swell conditions. I thought it was pretty awesome. ----> 904-241-0933

I'm surprised with how many shops are in here they don't have any hotlines.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    When I used to live in Jax Beach, FL Sunrise surf shop still had a report hot line. This old fella who always takes a morning swim at 6 am did the report every day, and did 2-3 updates depending on swell conditions. I thought it was pretty awesome. ----> 904-241-0933

I lived in JaxBeach for a little while. I remember that dude....I use to surf the Poles and would sometimes take the ferry to North Jetty...good times.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

spellbinders in allenhurst has a number u can call to check the surf but thats the onlt one i know of

I grew up in Southern California. Remember long before cellphones, computers and internet dialiing surf report daily. I don't remember the number I dialed. But I can still recall the recording I would hear every morning when ever I dialed in. "This is the Los Angeles County something w/ the early AM, etc. surf report. South bay beaches, air whatever it was, water temp whatever it was. THen surf conditions.....

only fools pay for semi-accurate surf forecasting w/ all the free info available now...

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    I hate how surfline is practically a shortboard only website. They almost
    have nothing other than the shorboard style. I really wish they would mix it up a bit more, especially considering they're considered the leading website for surfing.
    hate to break it to you bud but longboarding is cool and all its just kinda boring compared to the stuff lee mentioned