LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: tomorrow

  1. #31
    Ditto for me with the same dream. Only in mine, it's not my suit that slows me down, in mine I can't find my boards! I'm in slow motion trying to run through my house and yard looking for my boards, then the waves are gone... This is insane, it's like a group sub-conscious

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pinelands, NJ
    Posts
    208
    Images
    10
    Since this has gone psychological, I'd say the surf dream of not getting the epic conditions right in front of you is pretty common among surfers. I've had discussions with people about this before. For me the dream has always been checking the cams in the morning and it looks epic, but by the time you pack up and get to the beach, the epic surf is gone, its still fun but not epic. Maybe its because the epic surf on EC is always fleeting, never wants to hang around.

    The other common dream, which is far less pleasant is drowning in killer surf. It's always the same sequence of going over the falls, getting held down, and the leash gets caught on something on bottom. You try to be calm and untangle it, but panic takes over. The irony is that you're only a few paddles from daylight. This always seems odd to me because with reefless beach breaks getting caught on something doesn't seem like it should be much of an issue. And for those that will say its a fear of reefs, my leash isn't always caught on a reef in the dreams, sometimes its a rocky bottom that you might find at a NE point break.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by surfrr View Post
    The other common dream, which is far less pleasant is drowning in killer surf. It's always the same sequence of going over the falls, getting held down, and the leash gets caught on something on bottom. You try to be calm and untangle it, but panic takes over. The irony is that you're only a few paddles from daylight. This always seems odd to me because with reefless beach breaks getting caught on something doesn't seem like it should be much of an issue. And for those that will say its a fear of reefs, my leash isn't always caught on a reef in the dreams, sometimes its a rocky bottom that you might find at a NE point break.
    If your leash gets caught like that, wouldn't you just detach it from your leg and swim up, catch your breath, and then swim back down to untangle it? Although, in the dream i'm sure you have no control of this, but in real life I would hope you'd think of that...

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    If your leash gets caught like that, wouldn't you just detach it from your leg and swim up, catch your breath, and then swim back down to untangle it? Although, in the dream i'm sure you have no control of this, but in real life I would hope you'd think of that...
    obviously, in big surf you can't just "detach it" b/c there is a huge rush of water flowing over you..........that's how Sion and Foo probably died.........

  5. #35
    I have the same dreams as well, but has anyone ever been sitting in the line up and a macking set comes.....you turn around and your board turns in cardboard or gets really flimsy???? Almost like trying to sit on an inflatable pool toy and you miss the set....sooooo frustrating.

    Or you see an epic lineup and conditions are perfect, you can't find your leash, your fins, wax, etc.....had one the other night. Hate it.

    I have also had the dreams where the waves are perfect and you go outside to catch a bomb set, the further you paddle out you end up coming to a body of land or an object and its not breaking anymore?? it seems like the waves were just rising up out of no where.....

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    obviously, in big surf you can't just "detach it" b/c there is a huge rush of water flowing over you..........that's how Sion and Foo probably died.........
    If it's seriously big surf then i could see how you may have an issue with that. Never really know till you are in the situation, but it just seems logical to just simply grab your leg and rip the thing off and sprint to the surface, who cares about the board if it means your life, i'd rather save myself and worry about the board after, but it doesn't always happen that way like you said.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    i had a dream last night that i was surfing J.O.B in the volcom pipe finals except it was maybe waist high he and i were riding our wavestorms. and then my alarm went off to wake me up to go to school.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    I have the same dreams as well, but has anyone ever been sitting in the line up and a macking set comes.....you turn around and your board turns in cardboard or gets really flimsy???? Almost like trying to sit on an inflatable pool toy and you miss the set....sooooo frustrating.
    I have had this dream several times, with my board got wet and kept folding over and I had to wait until it "dried" so that I can use it again.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pinelands, NJ
    Posts
    208
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    If your leash gets caught like that, wouldn't you just detach it from your leg and swim up, catch your breath, and then swim back down to untangle it? Although, in the dream i'm sure you have no control of this, but in real life I would hope you'd think of that...
    No, typically in the dream you have on full winter gear including the mitts and the leash is on real tight. Its hard to grip the velcro with all the gear on even though it seems easy to rip off, but you're losing air and the conditions are rough. The more you struggle the more you panic. It's a vicious cycle kind of thing. You know what you need to do, but in the moment you can't.

  10. #40
    "I have the same dreams as well, but has anyone ever been sitting in the line up and a macking set comes.....you turn around and your board turns in cardboard or gets really flimsy???? Almost like trying to sit on an inflatable pool toy and you miss the set....sooooo frustrating."

    +1, its like someone let the air out of it or something.
    I have all the same dreams: waves where they shouldn't be, epic surf but I can't get to the waves. weird its all the same stuff for everyone.
    Anyone ever been on a surf trip and come home but dreamt they're back in the place from their trip? happens to me a lot but I also never surf in them.