LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    561

    MonsantoVideoRevolt

    for those of you who might be concerned about your food.

    good food = good health = good surfing

    http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsantoVideoRevolt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,372
    Thought we agreed not to conspiracy up the forum?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,067
    discussing the impacts of GMOs is not "conspiracying up the forum", it's talking about the very real impact of these "food" items being forced upon us by lobbyist controlled gov't stooges.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    discussing the impacts of GMOs is not "conspiracying up the forum", it's talking about the very real impact of these "food" items being forced upon us by lobbyist controlled gov't stooges.
    Um, if that is where the threads remained. Unfortunately, that is never what happens. Also, we had a long and drawn out Monsato thread just a couple weeks ago. Also, we still don't know the real impact of GMO's. That is the whole issue with them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Also, we still don't know the real impact of GMO's.
    Thats why people want options and knowledge of what is and what isn't GMO. Because, the research results aren't there yet... Its like being signed up for a test trial on a drug without knowing it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Thats why people want options and knowledge of what is and what isn't GMO. Because, the research results aren't there yet... Its like being signed up for a test trial on a drug without knowing it.
    That's what I said was the issue. But if we are going to have another Monsanto thread, it would be nice to stick to data and reputable sources for information.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Um, if that is where the threads remained. Unfortunately, that is never what happens. Also, we had a long and drawn out Monsato thread just a couple weeks ago. Also, we still don't know the real impact of GMO's. That is the whole issue with them.
    Nothing that I posted on this thread is conspiracy theory.

    it's true there is not enough research to show the safety/dangers of GMO's, but Monsanto and Syngenta are to blame for this.

    if the GMO's are safe, then what are they trying to hide by refusing independent research being conducted on their products?

    http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb...seeds-20110213

    http://redgreenandblue.org/2011/02/1...on-gmo-safety/

    I do everything I can to avoid GMO's, but my empathy and compassion can not ignore the fact that the general population who are unaware of GMO's or don't have a choice due to labeling bans are the guinea pigs for these multibillion dollar companies.

    it is no mistake that many countries have GMO labeling and out right bans of GMO's altogether, and that the US government has sided with the industry.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    That's what I said was the issue. But if we are going to have another Monsanto thread, it would be nice to stick to data and reputable sources for information.
    I only started the this thread to inform people that there is additional information that might be of help if they are concerned about the prevention and possible health effects of GMO's.

  9. #9
    thanks archy, definitely something to this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    I only started the this thread to inform people that there is additional information that might be of help if they are concerned about the prevention and possible health effects of GMO's.
    As I stated in the other GMO thread, I agree that more testing needs to be done. However, I am not ready to claim they are completely bad. There is a place for them and they can help the world in some ways.
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tplants.2013.03.004
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0619195135.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by santiago58 View Post
    thanks archy, definitely something to this.
    Archy, why are you thanking yourself?