LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Where's studly Lee with some info??? He's got the technique down pat. You just have to find a Jr. Market and an ice machine first.
    my method is illegal for at least two reasons and takes about an hour and a half. Works like a charm though.

I was buying beer there over the weekend and had a good chuckle while standing in line. The cashiers probably thought I was high as a kite.

norfolk ave represent!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Peeling rubber off in the cold is a mandatory part of surfing up around here. Yeah, you get cold, but the warm-up is divine. Put the car heater down on your feet.........It's almost opiate-blissful.

Seems as some of y'all are bypassing some of the rituals...........

The post-session shower is much better without having to peel of the 5 mil. It detracts from the experience. You want to hit that shower unincumbered.
    He's right. Get rid of that rubber body bag before you hit the shower. It will make you feel liberated.
    Petroleum jelly can ruin your suit over time, so use it sparingly. I still use it anyways in my rashy areas(ie. gooch ball area as well as neck and pits)
    However, the easiest technique for removing your rubber with tired, post surf sesh arms is to first grab it on either side of your waist and pull down as far as you can. It wont be very far, but that will cause it to stretch and want to pull down. Then take it off your shoulders and pull down again. This should release the death grip from most of your shoulder area. You can then wiggle your dead tired arms out of the top. Then you should be able to figure it out from there. The hard part is getting the top down.
    Anyone can do this without being tired, but after a freezing cold surf, this can feel next to impossible. Try it in the freezing parking lot and your suit will seem to fly off with lightening speed so you can get in that warm car.
    Or just leave your suit on until next time you go surfing. All the kids are doing it.

It's all about the elbow. Get one elbow free and it's like when Riggs would dislocate his shoulder to get out of a straight jacket.

Images
    Remember the post about the guy who would stuff his hooded top into his speedos when putting on his suit. There were a bunch of homo-erotic posts that followed. Can't wait to see how this one progresses..........

7. I have ripped the neck out of so many chest zip suits. My problem is I'm usually too impatient/cold when im putting it on. No worries though, some dental floss and neoprene cement fixes that right up!

Images
    take some scissors with you. cut right out of your suit after every session like I do. This is the easiest way to get if off and you never have to put back on a wet suit in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    It's all about the elbow. Get one elbow free and it's like when Riggs would dislocate his shoulder to get out of a straight jacket.
    good advice AND a sh!tty movie reference in one post, it seriously is ALL ABOUT the elbow dealing the front zips

Best advice you'll get is to lose some weight and avoid the suit being tight in the first place, problem solved fatty