LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

TO wax or not for bodyboard?(NOT surfing thread)

Just wondering which of you guys wax your bodyboards? And WHERE do you wax it? Got a new board recently and it was super slippery so I waxed the rails and where my hands go on top. Didn't wax the belly/middle of the board at all because I want to be able to slide forward on board fast and easy for spins.

I'm hoping I didn't slow my board down waxing the rails. Does it? Thought about that AFTER I already did it.

Once you wax it once, do you keep having to wax it? Does wax come off. I did't put a super thick coat on.

I wax the whole bottom of the board like a snowboard, it makes it go faster right? Then right before each sesh I put some Super Glue on the deck so I won't slide off while I rip it up!

he just admitted that bodyboarding isn't surfing!

Images
    Some guys say never, I always do...always around the nose/rails(on the deck though) where my inside arm/hand will be. I also wax the middle/belly area, not heavily, but enough so that there's no slippage while paddling. Boards I dk on I wax heavier, especially where my knee and front foot will be. You didn't slow yourself down by waxing the rails but I would avoid in the future. And you won't have to keep waxing before every session, could always rough it up with wet sand, but a fresh coat is called for every now and again imo.

Thanks for the unprovoked trolling a-holes.

Seldom,
    I actually got a bodyboard specific wax so that was pretty cool. It say bodyboard right on the package. Yeah there's a very small coating of wax(hardly anything) on my rails running the whole length of the board. I won't do that again. I'd go nuts if I ruined my board doing that. I LOVE how fast it is compared to my old one.

This is what I used. Cold water one though for under 68 degrees
    sticky-bumps-bodyboard-wax.jpg

Images
    I was wondering what kind it was, thought maybe sticky bumps...did you get it at e-bodyboarding? Big difference in speed with the bat tail huh?

I keep my board lightly waxed. You need it more in the winter because wetsuits will slide right off the board. In the summer I don't need it as much but I still use a little.

I wax where my arm will be resting flat during a wave (both sides), I wax the belly area where my belly/hips will be while riding, and I wax the front of the board so I can lay my hand flat on it and have it stick there.

You dont need to wax the rails only the surface of the board and you only need enough so you aren't sliding around. You could wax the entire surface but it would be wasteful and possibly too sticky. Especially during the summer with no rash guard, that wax will tear you up.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I was wondering what kind it was, thought maybe sticky bumps...did you get it at e-bodyboarding? Big difference in speed with the bat tail huh?
    No, Ebodyboarding doesn't sell that kind. They make their own bodyboard wax. It's probably just as good/same stuff.

For sure bat tail is faster, BUT my last board was also a bat tail!
    Proper core material and one stringer turn the thing into a rocket. Unbelievable projection in speed at bottom turn. Sick. Thought I was shot out of a cannon the second I got into my first real wave with the thing. A chest high barrel. Holy god what a difference!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Proper core material and one stringer turn the thing into a rocket. Unbelievable projection in speed at bottom turn. Sick. Thought I was shot out of a cannon the second I got into my first real wave with the thing. A chest high barrel. Holy god what a difference!
    Absolutely.