LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    ... If you were aksed to give up your dreams for freedom?!
    Would you answer the call
    Or run away like a little pooswah
    'Cause the only reason that you're here
    Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
    So maybe now it's your turn
    To die kicking some azz

btw, i have worked on a few people who were "circling the drain"

most died (not because of me or modern medicine). thats just how life/death works.

always amazed at the loved ones, wives, relatives, family etc who did not understand that when you leave feet first the game is over.

the official line was "only the doctor/coroner can say someone died". i knew..... that person was dead.

You EMS bro?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    You EMS bro?
    nope

lifeguard/first responder for the beach town a long time ago

[QUOTE=EmassSpicoli;254398]Airway is primary bro. Many imminent concerns present as well.[/QUOTE

dunno about that. took emt training and then other continuing education, and an army ranger medic told me a quick scan for trauma and plugging that leak comes before airway, he said this is standard in the field for them.
    Trauma>Airway>Breathing

I could be wrong

[QUOTE=MakeItStop;254454]
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Airway is primary bro. Many imminent concerns present as well.[/QUOTE

dunno about that. took emt training and then other continuing education, and an army ranger medic told me a quick scan for trauma and plugging that leak comes before airway, he said this is standard in the field for them.
    Trauma>Airway>Breathing

I could be wrong
    MIS, let me check on this. Even though I'm not in the field, I've got my EMT cert. one of my best friends and surf buds is in the field and we talk about this stuff all the time. I'll see what the official call is and I'll be glad to learn the right way, especially if I'm not correct. This is a dope tread albeit morbid topic.

yea, i think army medic standard is different than emt standard, my emt card expires in october

8. practice opportunity in delmarva: https://www.facebook.com/thedispatch...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    yea, i think army medic standard is different than emt standard, my emt card expires in october
    Definitely does. You can enter the service to be a medic as you MOS and even if you already hold NREMT cert they're gonna still train you their way.

This is a very unlikely scenario with the drowning and the shark bite, but if you had a guy fall or get knocked out of a boat and run over with the prop, then this becomes a valid question as this does happen from time to time, usually with tragic results. If you can staunch the bleeding in a few seconds, then clear airway and administer CPR, you may have a slim chance to stabilize the victim and get them to an emergency room. If it's a gash, and not a severed limb or artery, there is a fair chance of survival. Head wound...forget about it.